Author Topic: 32 inch smart tvs?  (Read 313 times)

Offline socrates

32 inch smart tvs?
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:19:05 AM »
Greetings.
Will appreciate any info regarding 32 inch smart tvs. I need to get one. have limited space.Would like to do streaming : Roku., Netflix etc.Totally new to this aspect.
1. tv first : what makes and price? and what stores can i look at?.
2. what warranties?
3. what streaming features?I enjoy sport, classical tv series british etc.you tube music videos.older american tv series, drama , music etc.
4.south african tv programmes as well.
Tks again. :)

Offline Cowboy

Re: 32 inch smart tvs?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 10:18:09 AM »
For my den I ended up getting a Sinotec 32" (non-smart) set on special at Game for R1799 and then I added a Xaomi Mi 4K Android box which was on special at Incredible Connection for R1200. Total cost was R3k which is similar to the Smart TV's in that size. However, I can move that Mi box to any other TV set, should my dodgy LG Smart TV decide to play funny buggers with me again.

In my opinion the webOS interface on LG is woefully unreliable with that silly magic remote thing they supply. The Xaomi Mi remote is small, easy to use and runs on wifi too. And of course you can plug the Mi box into a computer monitor too, so no TV license needed if you want to go that route.

Offline socrates

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 08:43:22 PM »
Thank you both for the info.really helps.

Offline Crashappy

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 08:47:54 PM »
Have a LG 4K tv. Their silly remote even controls my A95XMax Android box.

Offline Cowboy

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 05:10:56 AM »
I saw in the weekly pamplets that Game are running that same special this weekend on the Sinotec 32 for R1799. If you can live with 720p and add your own smart box, its a winner. I think that set also has a 5 year warranty but need to confirm it.

Offline DamianStrauss

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:54:31 AM »
For my den I ended up getting a Sinotec 32" (non-smart) set on special at Game for R1799 and then I added a Xaomi Mi 4K Android box which was on special at Incredible Connection for R1200. Total cost was R3k which is similar to the Smart TV's in that size. However, I can move that Mi box to any other TV set, should my dodgy LG Smart TV decide to play funny buggers with me again.

In my opinion the webOS interface on LG is woefully unreliable with that silly magic remote thing they supply. The Xaomi Mi remote is small, easy to use and runs on wifi too. And of course you can plug the Mi box into a computer monitor too, so no TV license needed if you want to go that route.

I was hesitant when I bought my first Sinotec in about 2011 or so, but it's almost been a decade and she's still running strong without any dead pixel issues or anything. I'm wondering how their newer smart TVs are, though the price isn't far off big brands when it comes to the smart versions.

Offline Mopy_ZA

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 10:34:13 AM »
I se Hi Sense has smaller 32 inch screen. I think it is a smart tv as well.