Open Chat > Alternative Power

Supplier and installer of inverter with batteries (JHB)

(1/4) > >>

xenithon:
Hi all. Can anyone recommend a company or contractor that can advise, supply and install a backup power system? I am not very technically inclined when it comes to these things, so looking for someone that can assist in putting a system together and installing it directly to my DB board - in the JHB region.

I have come across a few scheisters out there selling "pre-assembled" kits for R30k which have parts summing up to R15k or so - trying to avoid those of course!

Cheers
X

Rhino:
you can try Cooper Power.
https://www.cooperpower.co.za/index.php

Gerlach:
Just stay away from Voltronic/Axpert units. JHB city is still lagging behind with the NSR en SANS rules but the catching up now with us from Cape Town side that leading with this stuff. Any inverter that is connected to the grid by grid-tie must be NSR approve , that list you will find on City of Cape town list of approved inverters. Pop in by Rubicon up in JHB side and find out what they have in stock. They import some good brands of units that will work for you. If you planning to go something bigger and got some money to spend, I can show you the rite ropes. I'm running full offgrid this side now.

Carnajo:

--- Quote from: Gerlach on February 12, 2020, 02:50:54 PM ---Just stay away from Voltronic/Axpert units. JHB city is still lagging behind with the NSR en SANS rules but the catching up now with us from Cape Town side that leading with this stuff. Any inverter that is connected to the grid by grid-tie must be NSR approve , that list you will find on City of Cape town list of approved inverters. Pop in by Rubicon up in JHB side and find out what they have in stock. They import some good brands of units that will work for you. If you planning to go something bigger and got some money to spend, I can show you the rite ropes. I'm running full offgrid this side now.

--- End quote ---

Heya, what do you mean by grid-tie? Looks like my inverter is an Axpert unit, was never aware of this, installer put it in :(

Gerlach:

--- Quote from: Carnajo on February 12, 2020, 03:44:58 PM ---
Heya, what do you mean by grid-tie? Looks like my inverter is an Axpert unit, was never aware of this, installer put it in :(

--- End quote ---

When you grid runs via the inverter to your DB and you running hybrid mode so when the power go's off your house power stays on. The relays inside the unit don't approve to the NSR standards , and if you run Solar via the unit, big problems.

This is what  :ticked: me off because the installers knows about this but they still go on till the City come to your front door. You must run a 3 way change over switch between the unit an your grid and DB and inverter. There can be no connection from the grid via the inverter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version