Doubling up on room EQ

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would like to know if there is a drawback to using 2 room EQs together in one system. I?ll give 2 examples to illustrate what I?m talking about:

Scenario 1:
I have a subwoofer which has onboard Eq (Velodynes SMS or B&W DB1) and a processor which uses audyssey XT32. So my thinking is I run the onboard sub EQ followed by using the processor to Eq everything including the already EQd sub

Scenario 2
I run a system which uses an HT prossecor with Audyssey Xt32 which is hoooked up to a stereo preamp with HT Bypass. So all speakers have been EQd via the processor so During movies  playback I have a full system that was optimised via audyssey but when I listen to stereo via the preamp my stereo speakers are not EQd because they are now playing independent of the processor. So I?m thinking I should connect the Mini DSP to the stereo preamp and eq the fronts first followed by EQinv the whole system. This will allow me to play an EQd stereo system as well

What are the drawbacks of this dual EQ approach?

Latest posts