Author Topic: Best way to buy new CDs?  (Read 653 times)

Offline Morne Coetzee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • POWER | PRECISION | PURITY
Best way to buy new CDs?
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:00:56 AM »
What's the best way to buy new CD's? I see them readily available on Amazon but they don't ship to South Africa does anyone know why and how to get around this?
There is Always justification for more Amplification!

Offline Rogan

Re: Best way to buy new CDs?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 08:28:11 AM »
Dont ship to SA! Surprised

Offline bearenzo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »
Dont ship to SA! Surprised

No surprise at all.
After few items disappeared at the useless SA Post Office, and negative comments left between buyers and sellers.
Why bother again.

My last two items purchased on eBay three years ago, 1 lost, 1 arrived 6 months after my purchase.  :walled:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:13:07 PM by bearenzo »

Offline Rogan

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 12:23:26 PM »
last time I bought on Amazon they did not use the PO.

Online Drifter

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 01:13:13 PM »
Ek wou nou iets onvanpas gese het maar ek byt op my tong  :pray:

Using a shipping aggregator like Aramex Global Shopper will solve the Amazon shipping problem.

Between Musica, UpbeatMusic, Takealot, Raru and Loot you should be able to find plenty of new CD's locally. BidorBuy, Gumtree and OLX has plenty of used CD's for sale.

For overseas stuff that you cannot track down locally, well that is beauty of streaming...… OOPS. 

Offline leonma

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 02:03:29 PM »
What's the best way to buy new CD's? I see them readily available on Amazon but they don't ship to South Africa does anyone know why and how to get around this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline leonma

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 02:08:04 PM »

You can definitely buy CD’s from Amazon, change your settings to display dealers that ships to South Africa.....

Offline Morne Coetzee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • POWER | PRECISION | PURITY
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 02:22:25 PM »

You can definitely buy CD’s from Amazon, change your settings to display dealers that ships to South Africa.....

Thanks I will try that  :thumbs:

"Between Musica, UpbeatMusic, Takealot, Raru and Loot you should be able to find plenty of new CD's locally. BidorBuy, Gumtree and OLX has plenty of used CD's for sale." Tried all of them, they definitely don't stock most of the latest releases. International online shopping is the way to go, and also a lot cheaper I noticed. I am currently streaming them, but like I mentioned before, I also like to have a hard copy of the CD (only my favourites) to rip so that I control my own content, however I do my critical listening sraight from CD on my Wadia S7i, I found that DAC much better than any standalone DAC I have tried or own.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:29:45 PM by Morne Coetzee »
There is Always justification for more Amplification!

Offline Yossarian

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 03:12:20 PM »
Could by all th CDs with a tidal subscription  :flame:

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 07:05:05 PM »
Why do you want to buy cds in this age? 4k uhd disk i get but cd...

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 08:35:39 PM »
Thanks I will try that  :thumbs:

"I am currently streaming them, but like I mentioned before, I also like to have a hard copy of the CD (only my favourites) to rip so that I control my own content, however I do my critical listening sraight from CD on my Wadia S7i, I found that DAC much better than any standalone DAC I have tried or own.

“The S7i is more than just a CD player, too, thanks to its range of digital inputs. There’s a choice of USB, optical, BNC and AES/EBU, and all accept signals up to a resolution of 24-bit/96kHz.”

https://www.whathifi.com/wadia/s7i/review

Are you deliberately obtuse fighting windmills?

Croak Audio
Analogue by birth, digital by design. Mostly a StereoType though known to enjoy some Mono too  http://www.croak.co.za https://instagram.com/croakaudio?igshid=1wzr83vlqtbyy

Offline vedi

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »
he said where to buy cd not to reason with you guys. try Fazel in nigel and forget the guy name in killarny mall, at benoni same street to municipality offices, northcliff square in randburg, PTA marabastad where you park and use your feet.

Online resham

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 05:01:33 PM »
Check with https://www.facebook.com/groups/1481331935309175/ - he has a good range
Thanks
Resh