Author Topic: Tannoy Direct Radiator wideband drivers....anybody come across these perhaps?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline marantz123

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • I learnt more from The Internet when it was slower
These will be completed in the next few days and installed into some donor cabs John kindly donated with new baffles made.....no big spending on big horn cabs for me.....

Most inspiring sire ! You are lucky to have this friend named John. Ive known four people named John...good guys seemingly all cut from the same piece of cloth.

Offline achim

......once someone lives with some "adult" Tannoys..... its not easy to get away from this pure, natural & live sounding speakers.
Since Hof Street isnt my showroom anymore ..I m using these beautiful and actual Tannoy Canterbury GRs....and they look as they "came and grown" with my victorian house.... and the sound is outstanding.

From all the different series they produced over many decades...I think they belong to the best they produced (maybe with the background to avoid the final sale of the company). But Tannoy than got sold to Behringer and this actual Prestige Line maybe is the the last Series with the original signature what Tannoy stand for....

My 3 favorites..... definitiv NOT a Kingdom or Westminster! My favorite Tannoys are the Turnberry GR, Kensington GR and Canterbury GR...
The biggest surprise might be the Turnberrys.......

Ahhhh and because Tannoy will not be Tannoy anymore and also because the interest in them here is too little ...I m selling them all out
So maybe those of you who got inspired for listening to an actual Tannoy..... this might be your last chance - and also a great chance to get a pair for a bargain

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline Kent Kassler

Speakers will be finished tomorrow and ready for a listen.....will just share a few pics here....
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

Offline Kent Kassler

All work done by my pal John Gilmore.....these should be a treat and I cant wait for a listen tomorrow.

Offline hope

:dop:

Treble never worked for me, though  :(

Offline Family_Dog

Excellent workmanship, if these sound as good as they look you have a winner, Mr. K!

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Kent Kassler

Offline Kent Kassler

Finished at last......they are amazing.

Offline Madlen

Ergonomics, and quality of build - beautiful!

Offline Kent Kassler

Offline Kent Kassler

Thanks.....just moved them from my friend John to my flat....some fun ahead for sure.

Offline FranZAR

Looks stunning.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Exclame 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Moth Audio MK808|Sumiko Pearwood|Vivere|Sonor Claro

Offline Kent Kassler

Thanks pal....very happy with them.