Should I wait for the Marantz UD7006?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audio Bug

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I placed an order for a Marantz SR7005 AV receiver and a Marantz UD7005 universal disc player in October last year. In the meantime, I sold my previous receiver and DVD player. Got the SR7005 in November and was told that the UD7005 will be available in December 2010. Towards the end of December, I was told the UD7005 will not be coming to S.A. but my order has been converted to a UD7006, which will be here in early January 2011. At the end of January, I was told it will arrive in early February. Now, the latest news is that the UD7006 will (hopefully!) arrive at the end of March. Has this happened to anyone else? At what point do these delays become unreasonable or unacceptable? (I've been without a player for almost 5 months and have several new BluRays that I am very keen to watch). Should I just be patient and wait until the UD7006 eventually arrives (in the interests of system matching) or look out for another universal disc player? If the latter, any suggestions? The Oppo perhaps?

Latest posts