recent acquisitions

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s class

AVForums Member
Reaction score
After about 5 years of not buying any gear, I've had a series of items on my 'want list' cross my path in the last 2 months. 

I'm putting this in the 'vintage' section of the forum, since most of it is vintage.

First, I bought the Ariston RD40 turntable from Stepan here on this forum.  I've managed to get the correct square cross-section belt, but I still have no direction in terms of arms and cartidges. 

Second I managed to FINALLY get another NAD 4300 Monitor Series tuner.  I had one 15 years ago, and loved it.  It disappeared in a housebreaking  :mad:  :mad: This latest one is minty and cost me $40 on ebay.  It arrived a few weeks ago courtesy of my brother in New York who forwards stuff on to me. 

Third, I landed a Wadia WT3200/X32 combo.  I've had an X32 DAC for 10 years now, but always have been searching for the matching WT3200 transport.  Happiness is, and these are minty too.

4th, I bought the Nak 680ZX cassette deck that trd4life was offering on this forum.  It looks to have had a hard life.  The casework is battered, but all that will be sorted out.  Importantly, the transport looks in good order.  I will be shipping it off to the USA shortly for a full rebuild.  This will consist of disassembling, cleaning and lubing the transport, a full mechanical alignment of the transport, and electrical alignment of the cal oscillator, the bias, sensitivity and EQ.  It iwill get all new Nak spec rubber (belts, idler tyre, pinch rollers). All the so-called "orange capacitors" will also be replaced.  I will have it calibrated for TDK AR, SA and MA (1988 versions).  Well, maybe SAX instead of SA, I haven't made up my mind finally. 

Gee, so that's 4 new sources in 2 months....

Latest posts