Author Topic: Sansui AU-D11 stereo amplifier  (Read 339 times)

Offline Jazach

Sansui AU-D11 stereo amplifier
« on: January 13, 2020, 10:21:48 PM »
My brother recently purchased the above amp and a whole lot of ccol 70s/80s gear from a friend. There seems to be quite a few great reviews on this rare monster. Due to it being in storage for so many years, the amp went into protect mode when we switched her on. I had it sent to Nilam for a complete once over and we can't wait to hear this baby sing. Does anyone here have any experience/owned one perhaps and would like to share their thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Offline charles

Re: Sansui AU-D11 stereo amplifier
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 07:21:36 AM »
One of the best solid state amplifiers Sansui made.

Output of 120 Watt per channel at very low distortion.

Look at HIFIclassics on the Internet.

This is a collectable audio amplifier that you must keep.

Online VS

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »
I don’t have first-hand experience with the AU-D11, but do own an AU-D9. Very clean, fast sounding amplifier. The sound signature is very nicely nuanced, with no part of the audio spectrum over-emphasized. It’s more ‘modern’ sounding than Sansui’s that can before. This series (based on production dates) does carry the dreaded ‘black flag’ capacitors, which is likely why your’s went into protection. But, once fixed, it will be really quite a brilliant amplifier.

Offline WGS

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 11:05:43 AM »
I saw it by Nilam..
Was wondering who it belonged to..
Very good buy..Enjoy

Offline Tbot

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 11:20:00 AM »
One of my bucket list amps.  I hope when back you guys will share some pictures and listening experience.   :thumbs:

Offline Jazach

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 12:46:37 PM »
I don’t have first-hand experience with the AU-D11, but do own an AU-D9. Very clean, fast sounding amplifier. The sound signature is very nicely nuanced, with no part of the audio spectrum over-emphasized. It’s more ‘modern’ sounding than Sansui’s that can before. This series (based on production dates) does carry the dreaded ‘black flag’ capacitors, which is likely why your’s went into protection. But, once fixed, it will be really quite a brilliant amplifier.

Yeah, I read that as well....very impressive indeed.

Offline Jazach

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 12:51:25 PM »
I saw it by Nilam..
Was wondering who it belonged to..
Very good buy..Enjoy

Thanks, my brother is a lucky guy.
It does need some work on the faceplate though, a digital or silkscreen reprint will be ideal.

Offline Jazach

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 12:54:50 PM »
One of my bucket list amps.  I hope when back you guys will share some pictures and listening experience.   :thumbs:

Will definitely share pics when she's all set up.

Offline Jazach

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 08:32:57 PM »
One of the best solid state amplifiers Sansui made.

Output of 120 Watt per channel at very low distortion.

Look at HIFIclassics on the Internet.

This is a collectable audio amplifier that you must keep.

Yeah Charles, she's a keeper.

Offline Francois

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 07:40:25 PM »
@Tbot. Import one from overseas. R6k average plus R2k shipping. You can land one for R10k. If you patient and make an offer even less.
I was born analog, not digit by digit....

Offline Tbot

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 09:53:33 PM »
@Tbot. Import one from overseas. R6k average plus R2k shipping. You can land one for R10k. If you patient and make an offer even less.

Francois
I think there is a couple nicer bucketlist items at your place.  I am planning on longer visit at you next time.....with loads of cash :shh: 

To the OP.   I still like this Sansui.  So a couple of pics in future will be in order :thumbs:

Offline Jazach

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 10:31:32 PM »
Francois
I think there is a couple nicer bucketlist items at your place.  I am planning on longer visit at you next time.....with loads of cash :shh: 

To the OP.   I still like this Sansui.  So a couple of pics in future will be in order :thumbs:

@Tbot, will definitely post some asap.