Author Topic: Political Correctness  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Political Correctness
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2020, 05:38:14 AM »
On political correctness: I see myself as moderate. We have gone from Nazism to Antifa. Both the far left and far right are not good. Free speech has to exist in a healthy democracy. People should not be stopped from voicing their opinion.

Liberals have become too extreme. They advocate bringing children up gender neutral; I find this absurd. It has come about because in the past gays were persecuted. Gays should not be persecuted nor should there be a need for gay pride parades. It should be left to be. A persons sexuality is no one else's business.

Some believe Nationalism equals Nazism which is ridiculous. Universities push liberal Globalist ideology, so does Hollywood, Google, FB and Youtube. 

On climate change: It is scientifically proven and it is also logical that what we are doing to our planet is destructive. Over population is a problem. More people means more factories to produce more goods. There is a need for more food. Fresh water is becoming a problem. The biggest problems are caused by industrial, automotive and power station emissions.

Air pollution causes a green house effect. The Artic ice is melting due to this. Rivers are polluted. Soil erosion due to deforestation. If we persist we will cause irreversible damage. And yes, I think future generations will curse us.

Hopefully nuclear fusion will be able to become a reality and stop the destruction to our planet. We can't go anywhere else ; this is our only home.

Regarding "vegan nuts", you are mistaken. Vegans are generally very compassionate people. We are at the top of the food chain not from being nice, but by being vicious beasts. Animals are powerless, have no voice.  Vegans stand up for them. Do you think about where that nicely packaged meat comes from? From animals imprisoned only to be slaughtered. Ever seen the inside of a slaughter house? Do you think that a factory farm is kind? Do you think animals are automatons? Have no feelings? Don't understand the world around them? Puppy mills. Horse racing. Bull fighting. Factory farms; All disgusting. Animals have served us so well, yet we treat them so poorly

The bit in italics made rational, logical sense. Then you negated the "I see myself as a moderate" statement completely!  :ROFLMAO:
"Trumpets are a bit more adventurous; they're drunk! Trumpeters are generally drunk. It wets their whistle."
Paul McCartney

With thanks to F_D for this pearl of wisdom!

Offline Stanp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2020, 06:34:20 AM »
@ Okay Trompie. How so?

I am sick and tired of liberal globalists pushing guilt onto whites. They portray whites as the worst people ever to have walked on this Earth for colonialism and the slave trade. What about some balance. Whites did what any other advanced civilization would have done. No people are innocent of atrocities. The Khan of Mongolia decimated the European people. The North Africans invaded Spain. The Muslims took white slaves and sold black people to Europeans as slaves. The Ottomans invaded Europe. The Japanese killed millions of Chinese people during the second world war.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+158)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2020, 08:24:34 AM »
My mother was a vegan.  She was born in England over 100 years ago.  Her mother was big in the suffragette movement and brought up her daughters to think for themselves and be independant

She did not insist on me following her nutritional ideas and would happily let me eat chicken but no red meat, apart from bacon

Being a vegan seemed to serve her well.  When she died at 103, she had all her teeth, no notable illnesses, never been in hospital (I was born at home).
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline KenMasters

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2020, 09:01:16 AM »
Liberals have become too extreme. They advocate bringing children up gender neutral; I find this absurd.

Of course some people take this to the extreme, but I'm all for not telling your kids this is a boy colour, that's a girl colour, this is a man's job, those are girls toys etc. Let kids like what they like and don't force your antiquated notions on them. I was surprised to find that a good portion of the younger parent in my family are raising their kids in this way.

It has come about because in the past gays were persecuted. Gays should not be persecuted nor should there be a need for gay pride parades. It should be left to be.

That would be a pity, it's a good party.

I am sick and tired of liberal globalists pushing guilt onto whites. They portray whites as the worst people ever to have walked on this Earth for colonialism and the slave trade. What about some balance. Whites did what any other advanced civilization would have done. No people are innocent of atrocities. The Khan of Mongolia decimated the European people. The North Africans invaded Spain. The Muslims took white slaves and sold black people to Europeans as slaves. The Ottomans invaded Europe. The Japanese killed millions of Chinese people during the second world war.

Similar to the Pride Parade, why do you care? Most of it's not untrue, and most every ethnicity is saddled with some uncomfortable historical past. Far more bothersome to me is our more recent history and the guilt I still feel for my ignorance during the Apartheid days - the experiences and callous things I'd said. I was a child of course so I understand it wasn't really my fault, but I still feel the guilt. I think it's healthy to stay mindful of these things, I think it's important for people to have an understanding of themselves through various lenses.

Offline Trompie67

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2020, 09:45:31 AM »
@ Okay Trompie. How so?

Your vegan rant negated the "moderate".

With regards you statement above: To me it is very simple - you get conquerors & the conquered. The thin veil of "civilisation" that prevents some carnage is just that - a thin veil. As time passes the horrors of war will recede - humans do not learn from history, they forget.
The Silent Generation are mostly dead or on their last legs. Boomers & GenX can still recall from stories they've been told & in many cases personal experience of other conflicts.
Already in ZA there are two entire generation that have zero clue about conscription & thus no shitty memories to recall or relate to. In addition the entire border war saga is a swear word, so very few stories from the time are related to the new generations.

There will be another large scale conflict, and many humans shall perish. This shall go some way to restore Earth's natural balance between sustainability & being over exploited.
"Trumpets are a bit more adventurous; they're drunk! Trumpeters are generally drunk. It wets their whistle."
Paul McCartney

Offline Stanp

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »
@ Ken, I agree that it's not good to force gender roles on kids, just as it's not good to bring them up gender neutral. If your little boy plays with his sister's dolls, let him be.

Yes, our previous government were not nice, nor fair. They were fascist. I never supported them. They allowed whites little freedom too. We were told what we could watch, what we could and could not do. Who we were allowed to be with. Where we were allowed to go.  And yes, they were terrible to black people. I woke up to just how terrible they treated non whites when I was about 17 years old. I was scared to openly oppose them because if I did, I would have been sent to prison. So I say good riddance to them.

Offline Stanp

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2020, 03:02:26 PM »
@ Chrisc. That's great Chris. Vegans are generally extremely healthy. I became vegan when I was 45, kept it up for 7 years. I was slim and very healthy. For various reasons I stopped.

I made friends with a vegan English lady on FB. She educated me regarding man's disgusting treatment of animals. I was ignorant and was horrified by what I learned. How animals are abused in the cosmetic industry, medical industry and in the farming industry.

While eating meat is not kind, it's more the way most animals are farmed and slaughtered that I oppose.

The wealthy west eats way too much meat. Not only does this cause animals to have to suffer, it is also a strain on the planet and if one doesn't care about this, it's extremely unhealthy.

Offline Honda xr

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2020, 08:11:36 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-whats-warming-the-world/?fbclid=IwAR2xDWtwFetN4qcHXgK1hVHwVt7W9_cPULRDnpmlKl2v17OYdd_ysj3ysAY

I found this to be interesting reading and confirming my opinion that it is the uncontrolled population growth that is the root cause for climate change, but it is not discussed by the powers that be due to their irrational political correctness and sensitivity to upset people. Political correctness propagates lies, it promotes mediocrity and it does not reflect the real world.

I have been watching the changes forced down the throats of viewers by Hollywood producers and came up with an idea for an ideal Hollywood actor that will be 100% political correct: a transgender female black vegan dwarf will tick all the boxes for roles in major films and TV series.

Offline KenMasters

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2020, 08:58:58 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-whats-warming-the-world/?fbclid=IwAR2xDWtwFetN4qcHXgK1hVHwVt7W9_cPULRDnpmlKl2v17OYdd_ysj3ysAY

I found this to be interesting reading and confirming my opinion that it is the uncontrolled population growth that is the root cause for climate change, but it is not discussed by the powers that be due to their irrational political correctness and sensitivity to upset people. Political correctness propagates lies, it promotes mediocrity and it does not reflect the real world.

I have been watching the changes forced down the throats of viewers by Hollywood producers and came up with an idea for an ideal Hollywood actor that will be 100% political correct: a transgender female black vegan dwarf will tick all the boxes for roles in major films and TV series.

How on earth do you reach that conclusion from the article you posted? It says nothing about population and puts the blame squarely on CO2 levels. You are the one propagating lies here.

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2020, 09:10:20 AM »
The bit in italics made rational, logical sense. Then you negated the "I see myself as a moderate" statement completely!  :ROFLMAO:

There's a test for that! You can get a certificate for it, too.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Shonver

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2020, 09:26:11 AM »
Of course some people take this to the extreme, but I'm all for not telling your kids this is a boy colour, that's a girl colour, this is a man's job, those are girls toys etc. Let kids like what they like and don't force your antiquated notions on them. I was surprised to find that a good portion of the younger parent in my family are raising their kids in this way.

It's what we've done and I, too, was surprised to find that many of my own extended family and friends do the same. Here where we now live in the northern suburbs of Cape Town (I'm a native of The Flats) I was dismayed to find that the community is very conservative. I recall an incident when my older son was at primary school. His friend was crying for some or other reason, so he went over to give him a consoling hug. My boy was not prepared for the repulsiveness with which his gesture was rejected. The friend's reaction shouted: "WTF, dude?? I'm not gay!!". A lot of the stuff they teach in schools here also belongs in another time and place (not the curriculum, but the teachers' own world views).

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Trompie67

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2020, 09:32:47 AM »

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: It would seem then that I am a slightly collective anarchist!  :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Paul McCartney

Offline Shonver

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: It would seem then that I am a slightly collective anarchist!  :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yooo! Collective Activist! I can't even.  :thinking:

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline vleisman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2020, 10:31:03 AM »

I appear to be a well balanced Libertarian. That sounds acceptable to me. Boring, but acceptable.

Offline Shonver

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2020, 10:57:49 AM »
I'm dead centre of the left/libertarian scale.

DON'T PANIC
Capie