XBMC Media player software

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkronie

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
- XBMC installed as a normal application on Win7-32, no optimisations, registry hacks or anything - just a plain, normal, full Win7-32 installation: as long as it takes for Win to boot up, plus 3 sec to have XBMC responding to remote control and being able to do playback.
- XBMC "Standalone" (LIVE installed on Ubuntu): 3-7 seconds from power-on to remote, depending on the PC hw spec.
- OpenElec.TV (Tiny Embeded Linux + XBMC): 2-3 sec from power-on to remote, depending on PC hw spec.

The only time that I have to reboot/restart these machines is when I fiddle with hardware internals Smiley

Hi fdlsys

I am currently using a HP small form factor desktop (PC Spec : P4 - 2GHZ - 512mb - 40gig hd , using onboard graphics card & external creative X-Fi 5.1 usb soundcard )  as my "media" player using winxp and vlc

I was going to get rid of this desktop and was thinking of buying a mede8er but maybe I need to investigate XBMC a bit futher

Looking at my pc specs do you think XBMC will work with the usb sound card?