Author Topic: Lenco L75 and Mayware Formula lV  (Read 472 times)

Offline fredeb

Lenco L75 and Mayware Formula lV
« on: December 25, 2019, 11:59:35 AM »
Today I removed the Lenco arm from another L75 I recently acquired from @Mushroom in order to perform the bearing upgrade to the arm .

So while the arm is off , I thought I'd try the Mayware Formula lV in it's place.

The Lenco arms mounting distance is 210mm . The Mayware Formula lV's mounting distance is 211.75mm . De-soldering the Lenco armwires from the top-plate allows one to loosen the VTA screw and lift the pillar directly out of the base . The Lenco arm base is large enough to allow a little wiggle-room required for the additional 1.75mm .

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 12:08:32 PM by fredeb »
...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Offline vleisman

Re: Lenco L75 and Mayware Formula lV
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 12:05:50 PM »
Please post some pictures of the bearing upgrade, keen to see how you fit it into the v-block space

Offline fredeb

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 12:15:58 PM »
I will @vleisman . I just want to try and aquire a bearing with a 5mm OD and 2.5mm ID . That way one does not have to take anything off the knife-edge bearing , making the mod completely reversible.

I have 2mm ID bearings , but not 2.5mm . NTN manufacture such a bearing .

...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Offline fredeb

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 12:20:23 PM »
https://bearingfinder.ntnamericas.com/item/deep-groove-ball-bearings/single-row-radial-ball-bearings/w67-2-5za

If anyone manages to source these or another bearing in SA with 2.5mm ID and 5mm OD , please let me know , else I must import them .

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 12:27:03 PM by fredeb »
Jan Smuts

Offline fredeb

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 12:24:59 PM »
I must say , the L75/Mayware combo sounds fantastic with the Piezo YM308 tracking at ~1.8g . No IGD , no sibilance , just solid beautiful full sound .

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 12:30:12 PM by fredeb »
Jan Smuts

Offline vleisman

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 01:08:50 PM »
Are those the special audiophile-grade vibration absorbing Koo baked beans?

Offline fredeb

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 01:28:48 PM »
Are those the special audiophile-grade vibration absorbing Koo baked beans?
Ja ... I tried All Gold , PnP no name and several others , the Koo gets the balance just right .

;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jan Smuts

Offline fredeb

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 11:48:29 AM »
Got the L75 back in it's plinthe . I still need to cut a bottom and add rubber feet .

I'm still amazed at how good these old Lenco's are .

The plinthe needs a clean-up too - for now I'm just going to enjoy listening .

Jan Smuts