Desiring to borrow: Audio distortion analyser

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampdog

R.I.P. 23 June 2022
Reaction score
This one is going to be quite more difficult!

I am in the final phase of developing a serious high end amplifier, and - er - seriously need to borrow a distortion analyser for a week maximum. My own has packed up, and the fault does not seem to be easy to locate, even with a handbook.

My problem is further that I need to do/change certain things while looking at the distortion. As a last resort I could bring everything along to someone, but the thing weighs about 26kg, thus it would be more convenient for me to work at home.

This is probably as bad as asking to borrow someone's camera/car (never mind wife), but I must try. Hopefully my reputation would stand in in support of my looking after the instrument carefully. I am in Pretoria, and can fetch/return as far as the Joburg area. Alternately, if someone has space enough to accomodate me (work time only!) in his workplace for a few days (Pretoria) that might also work - I can commute daily.

(A spectrum analyser would be even better, but that is asking to borrow someone's BMW flagship or his Maggies ....)

Kindly PM me. Thanks!