Author Topic: Best Soundbars in the R5k range?  (Read 936 times)

Offline XL1000

Re: Best Soundbars in the R5k range?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 11:54:49 AM »
Looks good but way out of budget.

Not sure you understood me, I'll take R6K for it.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline Cowboy

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 02:08:22 PM »
Not sure you understood me, I'll take R6K for it.

I did misunderstand. Sorry.

I will think about this some, but I would prefer to buy a new item.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 03:01:56 PM »

No worries, just remember you get half the value when you buy new...
If you do have to buy new there are several suppliers right here on the forum. All of them would be only too happy to structure a good deal for you.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline georgev

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »

Just curious to know why you would prefer to buy new?
Audio is even worse that the auto industry in terms of depreciation as you take it off the floor.
second hand, if working and bought from a reputable person(which XL 1000 is), will save you loads in the long run.

My o.02 cents worth.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 01:34:14 PM »
Just curious to know why you would prefer to buy new?
Audio is even worse that the auto industry in terms of depreciation as you take it off the floor.
second hand, if working and bought from a reputable person(which XL 1000 is), will save you loads in the long run.

My o.02 cents worth.

Very kind of you. Also important to note is I was not actively selling the Denon Soundbar. I just thought I would pass on the benefit I had.
There is however sometimes something very satisfying when you have lusted after an item and can afford to buy it brand spanking new.
Whatever the OP decides, he has to enjoy it and I hope it serves him well.

Offline Cowboy

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 02:48:26 PM »
Thanks. I have unfortunately been bitten a few times with 2nd hand audio, so I tend to tread carefully these days.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 03:18:03 PM »
Thanks. I have unfortunately been bitten a few times with 2nd hand audio, so I tend to tread carefully these days.

I understand completely. That's why we, on this forum, have a Trade Rating. Mine is probably reflective of only 1/5th of the actual deals done.
Should you choose to buy off the forum from members here, take a look firstly how long they have been members and secondly, their trade rating.
As of today I personally have done around 400 deals with various forum members and have never had anyone raise an issue with what I sold them.

I have also let members I know and trust take goods from me without payment and keep for a week or more without payment till they were satisfied they were happy with the goods.

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 03:29:16 PM »
^^ I can certainly vouch for XL1000, no need to be concerned with any of his deals.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline XL1000

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 04:32:56 PM »
^^ I can certainly vouch for XL1000, no need to be concerned with any of his deals.

-F_D

Thank you Sir Eric...I genuinely enjoyed my road trip to deliver that Sony ES amp you so desired...👍

Offline Cowboy

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »
I haven't bought anything from users on here in a while, but there was definitely a geographic pattern where it came to goods not being quite as described on here, or deals not going as smoothly as they should.

Offline XL1000

Offline juventino

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 10:15:15 AM »
If only Vizio would find a representative on our shores, they have so excellent soundbars at good prices and reviews
Listening put on hold for a while, but end game reached. Couldnt be happier with my system. Next will be new room tweaks.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »

Offline juventino

Listening put on hold for a while, but end game reached. Couldnt be happier with my system. Next will be new room tweaks.