Experience with wireless vs wired headphones

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AusGekaut

Reaction score
A few years back I bought the Bowers & Wilkins P5 wired headphones. That time I paid about R2000 for them. I also got the Adioquest DragonFly Black Edition for R1650. I am still very happy with the quality. Recently I got a new phone and as many new phones, it didn't have an audio jack. So I got myself the AKG N60NC Bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones (R2100). The headphones have good reviews so I expected something similar to my B&W headphones. As it turns out the AKG headphones don't even come close to the B&Ws.The wireless headphones on the other hand are quite practical. For a better comparison one should probably compare wired and wireless headphones from the same model.

My headphones are in the middle price segment, so I don't know what wireless headphones in the +R5000 sound like. What are your experiences? Did you maybe have wireless headphones that you would recommend as good value for money?