Author Topic: I can't keep it in any longer!  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Curlycat

Re: I can't keep it in any longer!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2019, 06:27:53 PM »
I have to agree, the finish is fine. I like the finish on the baffle especially. It seems to be a hard-wearing material and easy to clean. Piano black, no thank you. The vinyl wrap is nicely done, hard to bevlieve done by hand. I believe the price point of the speaker, is part of the magic.
I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.  Alan Watts

Offline ipodmusicman

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2019, 07:59:24 AM »
@Curlycat from another new Bentley Acoustics FR100 owner to another ...

I got mine a week ago and I'm just speechless!  The timing was spot on as I've been in the market for bookshelfs for my stereo set-up for some time now and I've been looking at getting a second hand pair of bookshelfs due to a very limited budget, but when I got the word about BA (yeah, I've been sitting under a rock for two years) and Black Friday came around, I pulled the trigger.  I'm also super happy with mine.  Like you, I can enjoy sitting down and listening to music again.  I've thrown everything at them, even Massive Attack - Protection (with that low deep base because that could make or break speakers) and they handled it like a champ.  I hadn't really had an opportunity to listen to other speakers, so this was a complete leap of faith that I took and it paid off, triple fold.  The sound that I was expecting and the sound that I got that hit my ears exceeded my expectations.

Offline Jozua_2019

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2019, 07:46:22 AM »
I heard Curlycat's FR100's on Saturday and I was immediately stunned.

It was scary to hear what a relatively modest system could do compared to many high end systems.

Congratulations to Geco and Vaughan for creating a brilliant product. 

I am super impressed  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Dreamerm6

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2019, 03:32:16 PM »
Let me put it like this.

At Bentley Acoustics we don't claim to build the best speakers is the world, but in the price range they fall under - NOTHING can beat them, not even at twice the price!  :angel:

Offline Music_Lover

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2019, 12:30:28 PM »
I have a real affinity for bookshelf speakers and modest ancillaries that perform beyond expectations. I find nothing brings a smile to my face more than budget hi-fi that sounds way better than the price tag suggests. 

I collected a pair of FR100s in white yesterday afternoon and partnered it with an AVA Media Maestro-50, Avantree Oasis Bluetooth receiver, and a Squeezebox Touch playing songs from Tidal. This is a very refined speaker that sounds much more grown-up than the price tag would suggest. Open, airy, spacious, big soundstage which belies its tiny size. I had always hankered for one due to my penchant for small bookshelf speakers and even more so when Rudi said it was one of his favourites in the range.

I also partnered it with an SVS SB12-NSD via the sub out on the  AVA Media Maestro-50 and it integrated really well.

I'm glad I didn't miss out on the Xmas special.

Thank you Morne, Vaughan and Rudi.

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2019, 01:12:34 PM »
I have a real affinity for bookshelf speakers and modest ancillaries that perform beyond expectations. I find nothing brings a smile to my face more than budget hi-fi that sounds way better than the price tag suggests. 

I collected a pair of FR100s in white yesterday afternoon and partnered it with an AVA Media Maestro-50, Avantree Oasis Bluetooth receiver, and a Squeezebox Touch playing songs from Tidal. This is a very refined speaker that sounds much more grown-up than the price tag would suggest. Open, airy, spacious, big soundstage which belies its tiny size. I had always hankered for one due to my penchant for small bookshelf speakers and even more so when Rudi said it was one of his favourites in the range.

I also partnered it with an SVS SB12-NSD via the sub out on the  AVA Media Maestro-50 and it integrated really well.

I'm glad I didn't miss out on the Xmas special.

Thank you Morne, Vaughan and Rudi.

Anytime bud enjoy :dop: