Audio and Video Talk > Computers & Networking

Media, motherboards, HDMI and audio

<< < (2/2)

Enigma_2k4:
Yeah, look, I know that I do need to spend some moolah getting it all right and stuff, I just really don't want to do that because I am AVR hunting at the moment and that's where are spare cash is directed....

So for now, will spend R300/R400 getting a replacement mobo for the gaming rig and chuck that in, format and carry on.

In the coming year or so I think I will make some changes, especially to the media machine, but I am also considering trying to make a media machine that's also a file server (ie. NAS) and BT machine, so need to be efficient, cool, etc. I would look at everything, the AMD GPU option (or potentially Fusion if it comes along nicely) vs. Intel and onboard GFX + audio....

tmavf:

--- Quote from: ara on March 03, 2011, 12:41:32 PM ---Except I don't think Intel is capable of bitstream the Blu-Ray HD Audio formats like DTS-MA and TrueHD. Might be wrong

--- End quote ---

Indeed you are  :D (wrong)
Core i3/i5 with a H55/7 mobo will bitstream DTS-MA and TrueHD.... blu ray video playback is not bad either.

FunkyB:

--- Quote from: Enigma_2k4 on March 03, 2011, 12:46:25 PM ---In the coming year or so I think I will make some changes, especially to the media machine, but I am also considering trying to make a media machine that's also a file server (ie. NAS) and BT machine, so need to be efficient, cool, etc. I would look at everything, the AMD GPU option (or potentially Fusion if it comes along nicely) vs. Intel and onboard GFX + audio....

--- End quote ---

I see the AMD Fusion boards are now available locally and just saw this flyer from Frontosa for the Sapphire version. Has everything on you need for an efficient & cool media PC .. even a Radeon HD6310. Dealers price is just under R1500 incl VAT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version