Author Topic: Dolby Atmos x.x.2 vs x.x.4  (Read 1691 times)

Offline adie

Re: Dolby Atmos x.x.2 vs x.x.4
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 08:17:03 AM »
Car audio installers often use it. I have - in the distant past- seen it at HiFi Corp, maybe Makro, but Durban car audio guys have it on a roll.

Offline Carnajo

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 08:52:35 AM »
@adie thanks, will check it out. Seems Amazon does ship here, nut not exactly a cheap option, so worth checking alternatives.

That said I think I've come up with the best solution.

4 of these suction cupped to the ceiling (https://www.loot.co.za/product/raz-tech-waterproof-portable-mini-bluetooth-shower-spea/ncfk-5912-g390) and some bluetooth transmitters.  :rubhands:

That said, I'm surprised there aren't more wireless solutions, even for regular 5.1 or so. Seems like the only wireless options are sonos soundbar with sonos rears, HEOS AVR (and only that model, the Denon AVRs with HEOS support can't do HEOS speaker as a surround/atmos speakers, only for multi-room audio or different zones).

Offline Carnajo

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 12:05:11 PM »
Decided that I'd go for some small wallmounters mounted on the ceiling, can get ghost wire from Amazon. The "flat cable" I managed to find was still around 2mm thick and not that much cheaper than the ghose wire which I can just paint over.

Only problem is... budget :( need a new AVR and some other things came up. Will probably only be able to upgrade next year (which sucks because some good black-friday pricing around).

Still... would have been fun to get battery powered bluetooth speakers (or wifi connected e.g. heos or sonos), no wires, just pop them down to charge every now and then.