Author Topic: 4 TB Drive for <R1000 at Raru  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Jozua_2019

• The Great Gatsby
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
  • ARC4LIFE
4 TB Drive for <R1000 at Raru
« on: November 25, 2019, 08:58:05 AM »
Have a look at this- quite a bargain

https://raru.co.za/electronics/2600498-wd-elements-4tb-3-5-inch-usb-3-0-external-hard-drive-black

Mods feel free to delete if this posting is illegal.

Offline juventino

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: 4 TB Drive for <R1000 at Raru
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »
 :thumbs: nice got myself 1
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline wesrobb

• AVForums Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »
That's a steal!

Offline undrcvrgeek

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »
now out of stock...

Offline Jozua_2019

• The Great Gatsby
  • AVForums Member
  • ARC4LIFE
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:59 AM »
I wondered how long it would last - would not be surprised if it was a typo error.. ?

Offline juventino

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 12:19:38 PM »
I wondered how long it would last - would not be surprised if it was a typo error.. ?

I managed in the to get 2 of them, delivery 02/12 lets see what happens
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline geo

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 10:15:31 AM »

This is the reponse i got back after this morning :walled: :walled: :walled: :walled: :walled:

Hi geoffrey maistry
Thank you for your order: RCO-5XT-74K on Raru.
We regret to inform you that we have been notified by the supplier of WD - Elements 4TB 3.5 Inch USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - Black that it is unfortunately no longer available.
We have now cancelled WD - Elements 4TB 3.5 Inch USB 3.0 External Hard Drive - Black from the order and placed the credit on your Raru Profile.
Please see below link to an alternative unit:
https://raru.co.za/electronics/5235033-seagate-4tb-backup-plus-2-5-inch-portable-hard-drive-red
When you place your next order and proceed to checkout, the credit amount will be automatically deducted from the total of the order value.
Your Raru Credit = R 974
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Best Regards
The Raru Team

Offline gov

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »

When you place your next order and proceed to checkout, the credit amount will be automatically deducted from the total of the order value.
Your Raru Credit = R 974
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Best Regards
The Raru Team

I would ask them to refund the amount and not give credit. If they can't supply what I wanted from them, then let me find it elsewhere  :2c:

Offline undrcvrgeek

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »
I would ask them to refund the amount and not give credit. If they can't supply what I wanted from them, then let me find it elsewhere  :2c:

Agree with this - they are now locking you into buying something else from them when they could not deliver on the initial order. There is no reason why they should not be able to offer a refund

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+143)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - we're getting better sound
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
Takealot also do this and will bend over backwards not to give a cash or card refund

I ordered a Goose Down duvet and received one with an Acrylic/feather filling.   They tried to tell me this was the one I ordered (wrong, the acrylic was R2200 less) and I had opened it (yes of course I did).  The invoice stated "All season Hungarian Goose Down Duvet".   A big row ensued and I was told I did not understand.    A courier came to collect and received a credit for R5100.  It took a further 6 weeks to receive the refund
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline xenithon

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 04:11:54 PM »
Check the T's and C's. For RARU in particular it states:

Should Raru cancel an order after you’ve made payment you will be credited or refunded in full, according to your preference.

Takealot is similar:

We will collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).

And specifically around cancellations due to stock availability:

Takealot will indicate the rejection of your order (by Takealot itself or the Third Party Seller) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.

So while they may try credit you, just point at their fine print and graciously decline the credit offer, asking for a full refund. If they get aggro, throw CPA and their own T's and C's in their face  :rubhands:

Offline Katji

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
    • jagasounds at soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »
Quite likely that Takealot is better with that - much bigger and more people used to it, requests for refund.  Otherwise they default to store credit.

Offline juventino

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 12:37:01 AM »
I got the same email.
Tomorrow I will be calling them for a full refund

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+143)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - we're getting better sound
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 08:26:07 AM »

Takealot is similar:

We will collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).

And specifically around cancellations due to stock availability:

Takealot will indicate the rejection of your order (by Takealot itself or the Third Party Seller) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.

So while they may try credit you, just point at their fine print and graciously decline the credit offer, asking for a full refund. If they get aggro, throw CPA and their own T's and C's in their face

Yes, all well and good, but they took their own time and had R5100 of mine for 6 weeks.  No amount of cajoling made any difference.  I even went to their office in Killarney Gardens to be told that the accounts dept do not deal with customers over the counter
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline geo

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »
I got the same email.
Tomorrow I will be calling them for a full refund
So they say that a mail has to be sent to their refunds team for a refund....i can only imagine how long this will take....And you bought 2....  :Ooooooh: :facepalm: :ROFLMAO:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:05:38 AM by geo »