Denon DRA-800H Network Receiver

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Traded in my Yammie RX-A850 Aventage for the latest Denon Stereo Network & Streaming Receiver. Why? Guess I am just a Denon fan and like their way of doing things.

This replaces the Yammie in my bedroom setup and frees a Pioneer NC-50 CDP Network Receiver which will now be doing duty elsewhere as a Network Streamer.

Setting up was dead easy but always best to use a TV for even easier setup rather than the onboard LCD display. This unit's primary function is to stream music stations from around the world rather than use a dedicated music streaming service such as Spotify, Tidal etc, although undoubtedly these would certainly offer better audio output. Yet I find them dull & lifeless without a bit of human intervention now and again, I quite like hearing the DJ proffer some interesting chit-chat now and again.

Thanks Morne for your professional assistance in obtaining this, I am absolutely enjoying this unit and consider it an excellent purchase.

denon_dra-800h_yt-thumbnail_1920x1080_010719112004.jpg

Full details here:
https://www.denon.co.za/za/product/hifi/amplifier/dra800h

-F_D

Latest posts