Connecting musical instruments

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

R.I.P.
Reaction score
This is not an AV question in the true sense of the word, but it does relate to audio.

A colleage is part of a band and they want to do some recordings of their sessions. The band only has one amp(Phonic 1062 mixer/amp) and all the instruments connect to that via Balance connectors. On each of the inputs there is a Balanced input as well as a 1/4" input. The amp also has a 2-channel pre-out.

What they want to do is to record each instrument individually using a recording mixer(Lasis I think) connected to a PC running Cubase software.

Now here is the question! One of the band members is convinced that the 1/4" connector on each channel is bridged to the balanced input and therefor he wants to utilise the 1/4" connector on each channel and connect that to the inputs on the recording mixer. He reasoning is that when the balanced input is used, the same signal will be bridged to the 1/4" input on that channel.

Does this configuration make sense? I said to my colleage that I would rather split the instrument input before the amp and have one input to the amp and one to the mixer.

Any ideas?

Latest posts