Introduction

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadedgem

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Firstly thank you very much for the big honor to be listed on this forum as a commercial member.
Introductions first. My journey into audio started when I was 13 years old and got my own system. Before that I used to listen on my parents system and always cranked it when they were not home. So when I was thirteen I inherited and old supersonic  Hi-Fi with vinyl player and tuner all in one console from my great grandfather. I also got with it a seven inch single of ?Video Killed the Radio Star?. This was my first introduction into the wonderful sometimes addictive world of Audio gear and I listened to that song over and over again.

As things progressed I always had the urge to tinker with and modify things. I grew up in the cassette era and was in st. 6 when Cd's hit the market but I always had a deep love for vinyl. Over the years owning close to a hundred turntables I settled on the Thorens brand. I started working on my own units a lot and this branched out into working on friends units which then progressed to the starting of a business.
I started looking at ways to upgrade these Thorens models and turntables in general and came up with products that are designed and built right here in South Africa.

In 2016 I started Retro Labs and together with the aftermarket turntable parts and servicing and repair center I started selling Ortofon products. I have been blessed in so many ways by the wonderful people I have met on my journey and are very thankful for that.