TV Wall Issues

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUGGY

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I recently built a TV wall for a friends restaurant here is Qatar and have a few issues

It has 9 x 55" near borderless 4k screens

1. The source is a set top receiver that outputs at 1080P, obviously the image is a bit grainy and blurry but I'd like to upscale it somehow to produce better quality. Is that possible? The source output goes to a 4K capable HDMI over CAT6 converter then around 20 meters of CAT6 to to the destination converter. It then goes in a a 1 in to 9 HDMI splitter. Each screen has a CAT6 ethernet cable connecting them all in a specific order for picture display. Would putting an AVR with 4K upscaling inline help?

2. The HDMI appears to randomly re-sync every 5-15 minutes. The screens go black and displays an HDMI badge in the top right hand corner. I am assuming re-sync and not disconnect as when the HDMI source is disconnected the screens go blue, not black.

Any advice would be helpful

I am going to be re-doing the cabling and running video tests from my laptop from different sections of the path from the source to the destination to try and ascertain what is causing the re-sync.

I have a feeling it may be the splitter or the set top receiver.

Latest posts