Author Topic: Water purification system for household  (Read 13768 times)

Offline ALIGMUZ

Re: Water purification system for household
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2020, 04:54:31 PM »
Lovely - blue hands - blue planet. uPVC - brings back fond memories of designing and building aquaculture experiments. Thanks for taking the time to share your expertise and project, multiple talents you have. Thanks and best of luck.

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2020, 06:07:58 PM »
Lovely - blue hands - blue planet. uPVC - brings back fond memories of designing and building aquaculture experiments. Thanks for taking the time to share your expertise and project, multiple talents you have. Thanks and best of luck.

Fond memories are treasures ... Thanks for the kind words!

I am a bit quiet with the project as I am finishing up rebuilding my Pajero's suspension and drivetrain. Too many things!  :dop:
Herman

~ To heal the soul is to embark on a new journey. ~

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2020, 12:25:26 PM »
I have been quiet on this front as I need to prioritise my time. I was offered a very good job in New Zealand and because it allows me to tour while working (and of course the salary  :rubhands: ) I could not refuse.

So I spent the month of January finishing my Pajero restoration project.

There he is ... all rubbers, seals, bushes, bearings, universals and ball joints, brake, clutch and steering hydraulic systems replaced and or rebuilt. Was fun but took a loooong time and quite a bit of money.

Next to finish onboard dual air system (low pressure for diffs and gearbox pressure and high for pumping wheels and of course air mattresses) and dual battery system with PV panels on the roof rack.

Herman

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »
Been a crazy few weeks. Fixed the Pajero and then onto all the outstanding projects in the house to get the completed before my time in New Zealand starts.

The last three days was recycling some old meranti flooring and building various door jambs, doors and lastly the covering for the sand filter.

I also moved the research biogas reactor into the little research area so that everything is nicely together for a showcase.

Here is the doorjamb from old flooring with a recycled door I made and installed.

The research reactor in place next to the sand filter.

The little research area

The new wood covering also serves as a shield to block the "ugly" research area ...  :whistler:  not my words ...  :shh:

Herman

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2020, 09:00:04 PM »
This has been a real chaotic week. First our flights via Doha was cancelled and this morning New Zealand locked their borders after I bought another set of flight tickets. So it appears I will not start work in New Zealand any time soon.

So now I have some time completing the water purification system.

Here is an update showing the completed screening wall I built from old floor planks.

Herman

Offline HB

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2020, 11:01:46 PM »
Stunning!!  :thumbs:
When You Come to a Fork in the Road, Take it!            [Yogi Berra]

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2020, 11:09:04 AM »
And I suddenly was given 21 days to work on this project!  :2thumbs:

Only problem is I have to find everything again after the big packing exercise before we were supposed to depart for New Zealand.

Today I started off with the sand filter lids to keep the sand and leaves out of the filter.

All set out and overlap strips ready to be glued in place.

Glued and screwed ..

Waiting to be fibreglassed. The best place to do fibreglass work is under a tree as it is well ventilated, in the shade and just feels good. Many a fibreglass sailboat was born under a tree! My 32' Sadler actually had a leaf embedded in the hull!

All done and curing.

Herman

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2020, 11:25:12 AM »
I also did the drain valve, emergency overflow and inlet valves for the sandfilter.

Here are the three pipes and valves installed.

The outlet feed to the pressure pump going into the ground

Now I need to open up the sand compartment drain valves and piping to connect that to the newly installed drain piping.
Herman