Author Topic: Water purification system for household  (Read 5212 times)

Offline mygoggie

Re: Water purification system for household
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2019, 08:54:26 PM »
Spectacular effort Herman!

PS: It looks to me like you didn't quite finish the "bottom" end of the painting?

Thanks @El Sid much appreciated. Yeah, every painting must have something not completed and you need to complete it in your mind or imagination.
Herman

~ To heal the soul is to embark on a new journey. ~

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2019, 04:52:54 PM »
The past week I really had minimal time to work on this project. The last bit of work on the sand filter tank was when I installed the new bulkheads.

Friday I had some spare hours in the afternoon so I motivated myself to dress up like a spaceman with a full dust protection suit, eye protection shield and full ventilator and sand down the white flowcoat all along the new bulkhead joints. Man, that was a bloody mission. Cramped space, hot and almost zero viz due to the dust. But in the end after 2,5 torturous hours, it was done.  After vacuuming for another 30 minutes I could see my handiwork.

Yesterday, I got up early and ripped two meranti planks to make the 45° bevel planks to go into the corners.

All ready to be installed.

Alas, yesterday was one of those days when something will go wrong if it has the slightest chance of seeing a gap to do so. It took me the whole day to install all the beveled corner pieces. I finished at 17h30 just in time to pack up, shower and drive to a mate of mine's house for a braai. I was wasted and it was an early night braai for us.

All done and ready for the fibreglass overlay.

This little section took a long time to do with all the mitres to work out and cut.

This morning, I woke up and looked at the weather forecast. The predicted rain has vaporised like my little savings pig ... so I had to grab the opportunity to do the fibreglass work. Something I did not look forward to as there is nothing worse than fibreglassing in a confined space. OK, maybe sanding in the same space ...

Fortunately the Boss took pity on my and helped me by tearing the matting to size and handing these down for me to stick to the first coat of resin painted onto the surfaces.

Five hours later and all done. Looking pretty neat even if I say so myself.

It was so hot today that I almost had to add no catalyst to the resin ... I was really chased in this section, but a smaller sized mix each time was the secret to success.

Tomorrow I will have buy some white poolcote and roll the tank out with it. Then onto making the ribs to support the polycarb ...
Herman

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2019, 09:20:18 PM »
Early this morning I dragged the compressor out to the sand filter and sanded the inside surfaces of the tank. Once again looking like a spaceman ... after 1h I was drenched in sweat and decided to call it a day. I will clean tomorrow early while it is cool and then go to town and get the poolcoat.
Herman

Offline Mars

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • “The path is the goal.” Mahatma Ghandi
    • Mars Tube Audio
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2019, 12:36:21 PM »
Thanks for alerting me to this thread, Herman. Nice job. I also have to do a grey water filter system for my garden.
OEM manufacture of Tube Audio
Power and Integrated Amplifiers
Phono Pre-amplifiers
DIY Kits
DIY Workshops

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2019, 12:41:22 PM »
Thanks for alerting me to this thread, Herman. Nice job. I also have to do a grey water filter system for my garden.

Yes, you are the second person requesting info on the greywater system. I will need to get myself in order and write that up as there is basically only one correct and lasting way to handle greywater without you going grey in the process.
Herman

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2019, 07:24:33 PM »
And the first coat of white poolcoat is on ...

Herman

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2019, 05:04:44 PM »
While the sand filter tank is drying (and blowing full of sand again) I finished the transformer.

This is what I started off with.

This is the final product ready to be mounted on the control panel's backboard.

Herman