Author Topic: Marantz HEOS issue SR5012  (Read 502 times)

Offline JoziNic

Marantz HEOS issue SR5012
« on: October 17, 2019, 10:48:02 PM »
Would anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to why my Marantz is no longer playing HEOS favorites (Spotify off my phone via Spotify connect to the amp) on the tv screen?

It used to play with the image of the song and track playing now the tv seems to think there is no source...the only thing that Iíve changed in the last 4 weeks is added hdmi 2.0 cables between the amp & the TV and the amp & the Apple TV (which shouldnít have any effect in this instance) since adding the cables I get proper 4K when the source is able to provide it like Netflix.

On video/output settings when I set video conversion to on, it does display the volume over picture but still doesnít display the HEOS onto screen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline BiZKiT

Re: Marantz HEOS issue SR5012
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 06:36:47 AM »
delete all and start fresh bud.

Offline scrarfussi

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »
are other heos functions working ?
is your network fine ?
suum cuique pulchrum est

"Then Said my heart here will i take my rest."

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 01:27:39 PM »
are other heos functions working ?
is your network fine ?
Everything works...rather plays (I can hear what's playing)...it just no longer shows on the TV...& network is A-OK

This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline Carnajo

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 02:04:00 PM »
Taking a stab here but maybe some kind of resolution/frame rate mismatch issue? When you changed the cables did you set the TV 4K HDR mode? (there's often a setting where you enable full dynamic range or whatever for the HDMI port)

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 02:07:36 PM »
Taking a stab here but maybe some kind of resolution/frame rate mismatch issue? When you changed the cables did you set the TV 4K HDR mode? (there's often a setting where you enable full dynamic range or whatever for the HDMI port)
Once putting in the HDMi 2.0 cables I set everything to 4K HDR Iíll have to check if I change it back it comes back

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
Problem solved. A matter of swapping HDMi connections into the Tv. Was originally in HDMI 1, when I put the new cable in it went to HDMI 3 (which has ARC) neither HDMi 1 or 2 have, and this is what was preventing it from laying the HEOS/Spotify image onto the tv. Doesnít make sense to me, but itís working now. Thanks for the help all!