Author Topic: MAC or WINDOWS LAPTOP  (Read 2235 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+144)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - we're getting better sound
Re: MAC or WINDOWS LAPTOP
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 04:08:25 PM »
No, go to Znet Computers in Klipfontein Road, Athlone.   I've bought 5 MacBook batteries from them, ranging in price from R1100 to R1600.  All are working 100% after several years of use.  Its very easy to replace, takes 15-20 mins
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline tab.deboer

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 06:42:34 PM »
I've got a contact in PTA for macbook battery replacements as well, charged me 1700 with installation for an early 2011 macbook pro. No issues thusfar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline findgord

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 03:06:15 PM »
Should you get bored with Mac OS and apps  :yawn: you can always get adventurous with a Linux distro on a Mac  :Whoohoo:

Offline Shav

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 11:27:32 AM »
I highly recommend a Mac. I had an old Dell that gave up on me after 7 years. The Mac is extremely stable and all new Macs come with SSD etc. Ultimately it depends on what you want to do with the laptop. For pure stability, def a Mac. The one thing I don't like about my Mac is everything has to be done via USB C , which means you will end up spending money on fancy adaptors to have something like an SD card connection etc.

Offline naughty

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »
im not a windows fanatic but honestly speaking a MAC is a huge pain for me - it always costs more than i would be willing to spend and the software is so proprietary that i would struggle to find apps for everything that i would want to do

while windows is crap it is to me the lesser of two evils and easier to maintain and run and you will always find easy and cheap support and parts

call me a cheapskate but i would never ever spend the types of money apple asks for any of their devices especially if buying new  :sulky: