Spur group FINALLY does something right!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Took the famdamily out for dinner last night (we have a "thing" where we try cuisine from a different establishment ((ideally a different country)) once a month or so).

Spur (no pun intended) of the moment decision yesterday late afternoon = Hussar Grill at Waterfall.

Very impressed. Superb selection of wines, beers, cocktails & edibles.

Starters: Springbok Carpaccio. Hussar Biltong (with  fresh chilli & garlic in olive oil on the side - YUM). Chicken Livers.
Mains: 3 x Fillet & 1 x Rib eye.

1 x chocolate fondant with ice cream for desert (clever daughter - skipped starters so she could have desert!  :Whoohoo: )

2 x Amarula Dom Pedro & 1 x Jameisons Irish Coffee for desert for the rest of us.

A really nice touch is that they charge no corkage at all. So I took a bottle of 2013 Antonij Rupert Syrah with us.

Service & food were outstanding. A very pleasant surprise compared to the usual Spur Group rubbish of spur, rocomammas, john dory etc. I would never have said this was part of the Spur group.

Alas, no photos - we eat our food, not instagram it!  :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Highly recommend - I'm sure if this one is great the rest will be up to the same standard as well.

Latest posts