Author Topic: A handful of records  (Read 403 times)

Offline JoziNic

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
A handful of records
« on: September 20, 2019, 09:29:03 PM »
I have been handed a personís old collection, unfortunately they are not in very good shape.

I havenít even graded the quality of the records but the quality some of the covers are fair to good (at best) and really f@$!3d (at worst) with pretty bad water damage so based on this Iíd be very surprised if any of the records themselves stand above VG.

Anyway the pile (of 16) free to a good home, collection from me in either edenvale over weekends or Nasrec during business hours.

Pics of the record here (not pictured is Kylie Minogueís debit album which is based on the cover probably in the best shape) mostly are SA pressings barring I think 1 or 2 that could be Uk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline Crafty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: A handful of records
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:31:42 PM »
Pitty about the condition. Some real gold here. Got most of the ones i would have wanted.

Offline JoziNic

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 09:37:38 PM »
It is unfortunate. The doors particularly the cover is ruined, I can barely get the record out but the Van Morrison, Mango Groove, George Micheal, the Kylie are Iíd say in the better condition.

This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline JoziNic

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 10:03:38 AM »
Having had a better chance to look at the damage this morning, it seems to be more superficial than anything, dust, dirt, mainly water damage to the covers, but I donít see any serious scratches on the records themselves.
It seems they are actually in not as bad a shape as initially thought, and should be good after being given a decent bath with an ultrasonic preferably and cleaning via RCM

Offline CPlanAudio

• Commercial Member
    • CPlan Audio
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 07:37:36 AM »
Hi. Have you given them away yet. Would appreciate them.

Regards
Yisroel

Offline JoziNic

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
Nope they still available

Offline awvince

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 02:39:01 PM »
Can I grab this, if they still available?

Offline JoziNic

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 03:26:09 PM »
Can I grab this, if they still available?
You are next in the queue if the person that initially asked hasnít got in touch to make arrangements to come collect by COB  tomorrow (Thursday 26/9) they are yours

Offline Viv

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 07:26:47 PM »
Hi JN,

I will take them if no one shows up.

Thanks.

Viv 

Offline JoziNic

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 11:14:29 AM »
Mods these have gone to a good home please lock