Author Topic: Woo hoo  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Swindlehurstguy

Woo hoo
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:00:19 PM »
...just a heads up, a number of Woo headphone amps are on their way to the Listening room, want something special, grab one while stocks last. I have ordered one and can not wait!

Offline gavinbirss

Re: Woo hoo
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »
May we know what you ordered? What else is on the way?

Any 5998 tubes?

Offline Swindlehurstguy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 12:53:28 PM »
Sure, though I had been there before and sold all my gear to Anton, I decided to go with a WES and a pair of Stax 009 headphones, the newest amp that woo is selling is close to $9000 so having put much thought into itI figures the WES would be more than enough. What I can say having owned the same rig before is that I have never heard music in any form that is as clear and realistic. That includes listening on some systems that cost well over a million. Yes headphones are a different animal all together and I have owned Grado Rs1ís  PS1000ís , the big Sennheisers and one or two others. electrostatics are wonderful, just need to grab the dac I have in mind. To answer your second question, I cannot give detail but I do know that quite a bit was ordered, what I do find odd is that WOO does not have much of a following here. I find it amazing because as dedicated headphone amps you will have to go far and wide to find something as well built and as wonderful sounding. I do know that a couple amps for regular headphones were brought in as well as a GES. Hope that helps

Offline gavinbirss

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »
Sure, though I had been there before and sold all my gear to Anton, I decided to go with a WES and a pair of Stax 009 headphones, the newest amp that woo is selling is close to $9000 so having put much thought into itI figures the WES would be more than enough. What I can say having owned the same rig before is that I have never heard music in any form that is as clear and realistic. That includes listening on some systems that cost well over a million. Yes headphones are a different animal all together and I have owned Grado Rs1ís  PS1000ís , the big Sennheisers and one or two others. electrostatics are wonderful, just need to grab the dac I have in mind. To answer your second question, I cannot give detail but I do know that quite a bit was ordered, what I do find odd is that WOO does not have much of a following here. I find it amazing because as dedicated headphone amps you will have to go far and wide to find something as well built and as wonderful sounding. I do know that a couple amps for regular headphones were brought in as well as a GES. Hope that helps

Thanks, what DAC do you have in mind?