Author Topic: Woo hoo  (Read 14430 times)

Offline Swindlehurstguy

Woo hoo
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:00:19 PM »
...just a heads up, a number of Woo headphone amps are on their way to the Listening room, want something special, grab one while stocks last. I have ordered one and can not wait!

Offline gavinbirss

Re: Woo hoo
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »
May we know what you ordered? What else is on the way?

Any 5998 tubes?

Offline Swindlehurstguy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 12:53:28 PM »
Sure, though I had been there before and sold all my gear to Anton, I decided to go with a WES and a pair of Stax 009 headphones, the newest amp that woo is selling is close to $9000 so having put much thought into itI figures the WES would be more than enough. What I can say having owned the same rig before is that I have never heard music in any form that is as clear and realistic. That includes listening on some systems that cost well over a million. Yes headphones are a different animal all together and I have owned Grado Rs1ís  PS1000ís , the big Sennheisers and one or two others. electrostatics are wonderful, just need to grab the dac I have in mind. To answer your second question, I cannot give detail but I do know that quite a bit was ordered, what I do find odd is that WOO does not have much of a following here. I find it amazing because as dedicated headphone amps you will have to go far and wide to find something as well built and as wonderful sounding. I do know that a couple amps for regular headphones were brought in as well as a GES. Hope that helps

Offline gavinbirss

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »
Sure, though I had been there before and sold all my gear to Anton, I decided to go with a WES and a pair of Stax 009 headphones, the newest amp that woo is selling is close to $9000 so having put much thought into itI figures the WES would be more than enough. What I can say having owned the same rig before is that I have never heard music in any form that is as clear and realistic. That includes listening on some systems that cost well over a million. Yes headphones are a different animal all together and I have owned Grado Rs1ís  PS1000ís , the big Sennheisers and one or two others. electrostatics are wonderful, just need to grab the dac I have in mind. To answer your second question, I cannot give detail but I do know that quite a bit was ordered, what I do find odd is that WOO does not have much of a following here. I find it amazing because as dedicated headphone amps you will have to go far and wide to find something as well built and as wonderful sounding. I do know that a couple amps for regular headphones were brought in as well as a GES. Hope that helps

Thanks, what DAC do you have in mind?

Offline ronman

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 01:29:50 PM »
I been running a Woo for a few months now. They are kinda rare. Absolutely loving it. Have a Cary Xciter DAC attached to it. Using Sennheiser HD650 headphones on it (previously had HD598s). Thinking of getting a pair of HD800 next.

Offline gavinbirss

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 02:01:12 PM »
I been running a Woo for a few months now. They are kinda rare. Absolutely loving it. Have a Cary Xciter DAC attached to it. Using Sennheiser HD650 headphones on it (previously had HD598s). Thinking of getting a pair of HD800 next.

May I ask which woo?

Offline ronman

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 03:03:59 PM »
Hi

Certainly

WA3

I had some chunky polystrene packaging in my office, which I trimmed using the scroll saw, and placed these "feet" under the WA2 as well as the Cary. It's still early, but I could swear the overall sound and vocals are better.  Will let it play a little more, then place everything back on the (solid) wooden desktop.  Got the idea from another forum member using heavy dense foam to raise and isolate his subs.

Offline ronman

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 03:12:45 PM »
Correction.
The previous headphones were HD599 not 598.

Offline capetownwatches

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 12:19:44 AM »
Hi

Certainly

WA3
WA3 with Holy Grail power tube you mean... :drool:
Trust you are still enjoying.

Offline ronman

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 09:52:21 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SO true  !!

Offline capetownwatches

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
 :thumbs: :thumbs:

SO glad to hear that wonderful piece of glass is being appreciated.
And just to mention, if you are of a mind to do so, the WA3 can quite easily be upgraded too.

Offline ronman

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 10:20:34 AM »
I heard the word "upgrade"  !!!

Now I am paying twice as much attention.

Tell me how. TELL ME !!!  (he yells in drooling eager anticipation) 

LOL

Offline capetownwatches

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 10:43:05 AM »

LOL

I have a friend in Kimberley who has just upgraded another friend's WA3 and apparently it's made a major difference.
Coincidentally the amp in question used to belong to me...(but don't go there...)
I can hook you up if you wish and you can discuss options.

Offline Bravick

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »

LOL
I just completed @Wietsche 's Woo WA3. Magnificent amp for the HD800. Even worked well on my Sundara Planars, if you listen at realistic levels. Pm me if interrested. Ps. It's the amp Arie is speaking off above. I am that friend in Kimberley ;) Regards, Gideon

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met