Turntable to modern speaker?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyMe

Reaction score
Hi all,
obligatory "not sure if this is the right place to post" but here goes...

So recently I acquired my grandparents's B&O hifi set which I have admired for the past 20-30 years.
The set is in pretty good shape cosmetically and consists of the Beogram 4002 turntable, Beomaster 4000 amp and 4x speakers, can't remember the model number.

Turntable works and plays (might need a new little drive belt) but the amp needs a bit more effort (needs a thorough clean, switches need attention etc) so its a bit more of long term project at the moment.
I would like start listening to and enjoying the turntable now so would it be possible to connect the turntable to say my Samsung soundbar?

Obviously like a noob I got hold of a cable adapter thing and jammed the turntable into the soundbar directly....this didn't work so feel free to have a chuckle at my inexperience
The cable from the turntable has a DIN 5 end and my soundbar has the normal jack input as well a optical input if that helps?

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Andre