AVForums Website > Forum Problems? Discuss here.

Too Many Boards, And now Child Boards?

(1/5) > >>

Cowboy:
I peruse the classifieds here on a daily basis. You're making it very difficult for me to find stuff with all these boards and now child boards in the classifieds system.

If you have to have them why not make them at least make sense? What is a "Trader" and why are their ads separate? If I am looking for an amp it really makes no difference to me who I buy it from, so ideally I would like to see all those people who sell them in the same place. In short, make a board for amps where I can see them all without having to see other irrelevant things. Like turntables. I have no interest in vinyl, yet I have to wade through dozens of irrelevant ads just to find the amps.

ScottulusMaximus:
Aii.....

https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,81068.0.html

Trompie67:
Just use the "Show unread posts since last visit" tab.

Cowboy:

--- Quote from: Trompie67 on August 21, 2019, 04:52:06 PM ---Just use the "Show unread posts since last visit" tab.

--- End quote ---

That includes everything on the entire site, not just the classifieds (and it doesn't always work correctly - an SMF issue that goes back well over 10 years).

To hark back to an earlier post I made a few years ago, surely better software can be sourced for a community as active as this one? SMF is really poor compared to the premium software out there, such as Invision Community (for example).

shadow.clone:
My understanding is that the child boards are there for existing content. Traders and yada-yadas should post directly in the root section of the unified board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version