Audio and Video Talk > Digital

Choosing a DAC - suggestions please.

(1/24) > >>

Jason Willemse:
Researching available DAC options has me stumped, and so I turn to the forum members for some suggestions! It gets tricky based on these rather specific list of requirements:

1. Must be a genuine audiophile grade DAC.
2. Must have balanced outputs.
3. Preferably have minimal frills and be simple.
4. Preferably be a DAC only. Not looking for a pre/headphone amp or streamer.

It's worth noting that my first choice would be to purchase the Marantz SA-10 SACD player and utilize it's digital input and DAC, mostly because it would match the PM-10 integrated amplifier. The cost of the SA-10 is simply ludicrous.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.  :thinking:

GoodEnoughGear:
What's your budget? Are there any that you've heard that you liked? What system will it be playing in?

Jason Willemse:

--- Quote from: GoodEnoughGear on August 19, 2019, 07:32:23 AM ---What's your budget? Are there any that you've heard that you liked? What system will it be playing in?

--- End quote ---
System is a Marantz PM-10 integrated amp into Monitor Audio PL300ii’s.

I wouldn’t like to spend more than 30k, but would rather wait and buy what’s right if short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerlach:
Jip, first you need to check your price range that you want to go for.

Gerlach:

--- Quote from: Gerlach on August 19, 2019, 07:46:11 AM ---Jip, first you need to check your price range that you want to go for.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jason Willemse on August 19, 2019, 07:42:19 AM ---System is a Marantz PM-10 integrated amp into Monitor Audio PL300ii’s.

I wouldn’t like to spend more than 30k, but would rather wait and buy what’s right if short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

OK, see you posted that info now. Some of the DAC guys will pop up with some info with, but for that price you will get a descent DAC. Maybe a good option is give Hein a call at E-piphany. He stocks the new Cambridge units and they are really nice. They step up there game with there new range. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version