Seas Maya Project

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alternativeroute

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So. I ditched one project (unworkable until I am better equipped and more experienced at xover design) and bought into a proven design...

This ad was posted: http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php?topic=4760.0;imode

I took the speakers...

Now. This is sloooooowwwwww project as I am very busy with work for the moment and will be until early next year...

Pictures: Sorry not too good.

Seas Maya Carcass Front by arclients, on Flickr

Seas Maya Bare Carcass Back by arclients, on Flickr

Lots of this project stems from materials I had lying around that needed to be used... If it was a scratch thing i would of chosen different materials...

I made the bare carcass from a mix of 15mm and 18mm plywood... The commercial variant.

Seas Maya Front Baffles by arclients, on Flickr

Why Oak?  :p

A comedy of first this then that's... I picked some dirt cheap second hand speaker stands from Cash Convertors... Took them home and never thought about it... One day I sand them down and behold below the layers of gunk is Oak... So for my now defunct stand mount project I decide to finish them in Oak...

Seas Maya Port Fittings by arclients, on Flickr

These are for the ports... Once the boxes are done and the port is glued in I will trim the holes to the right size and then round over the edges...

Seas Maya Alu Ports by arclients, on Flickr

Seas Maya Clamping by arclients, on Flickr

To make life easier I got Veneercraft to bond the veneer onto 6mm MDF. I then glued the panels to the boxes...

Seas Maya Veneer cladding added by arclients, on Flickr

Seas Maya Port Fitting by arclients, on Flickr

Seas Maya Port Fitting Added by arclients, on Flickr

Still loads to be done...