Yet another IEM noob!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuSeTwa

Reaction score
About a year ago I decided to start getting my own high end system together. As a lowly student struggling through university I was fairly happy to be able to scrape together a dragonfly red + my sennheiser hd598's and some wharfedale diamonds + an smsl sa50. The next upgrades for me would be to commit to either head-fi (hd600's should work on the dragonfly red right??) or a new amp for my speakers.

However before committing I want to try out one more little niche in entry level audiophilia - IEMs. It seems like a totally different game, with chi-fi ruling the roost allegedly.

So without further rambling, is all the hype around the Tin t2's really valid? And are the Acoustic Research AR-E100s that are on sale on CPlan any good? On that note, what would a solid sub R2k IEM be.

P.s. I like to critically listen to music and enjoy soundstage, clarity and probably a more neutral sound (although I am very fond of the sennheisers).

P.p.s. I like any genre as long as I can get high quality files XD, from classical to punk to autechre... If that helps at all XD