How important is size? (trick question)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVSA Andrew

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yet again I am going through the tables for the Buyer's Guide, and yet again am seeing chaos for the measurements of particularly the centre channel/surround/wall/ceiling speakers. Reason being, although we ask for the measurements to be submitted in millimetres, every year that instruction gets ignored and instead I have mm, cm, inches...and one or two strange entries that make no sense, and which I don't have the time to follow up on. I feel like making an Executive Decision and actually just drop this blasted column... :mad: Seriously, bearing in mind all the other info given in the Guide, is this column really a vital addition, or are you as consumers actually able to find this info out for yourselves, if you like the sound of the relevant make/model?

My personal feeling is that the Guide needs to be simplified in future, as no matter how clear the instructions are, every year we end up with problem areas - those of you who use the Guide, or have at least looked through it - what info do you regard as not being absolutely, no doubt about it, hell yeah! vital for inclusion? What info would you rather see instead, if anything?