Denon HEOS and TIDAL Streaming Issues

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vee

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all

Ive encountered the following problem and would like to know if anyone has experienced it and found a solution:

I am streaming TIDAL via the HEOS app on my phone to a Denon x2400H receiver and it works fine when selecting individual tracks. Still works well when selecting a few tracks to play after each other effectively making a playlist on the fly...
Problem arises when I select one of my saved playlists to play and it goes a bit bonkers - I get error messages about HEOS not connecting to TIDAl and vice versa. Gets even worse when you select the 'shuffle tracks' option. I get 3secs of a track then nothing, hanging, then 3secs of the next track follwing by silence...hanging etc etc

I have to then restart my phone (as the app just hangs) and restart the Denon Receiver...very annoying

Streaming wirelessly via home wifi network (50MB line but getting around 25MB wireless downstairs in the patio where this setup is)

Hoping for a solution from someone. I do not want to LAN the receiver if I dont have to...

Another quick question while on this subject is TIDAL MQA and HEOS - would I be able to get the MQA benefit by adding a MQA capable DAC to the Denon receiver while treaming via HEOS

thanks in advance for the comments