Author Topic: Bentley Acoustics and my experience with them..  (Read 1355 times)

Offline andre.dutoit

Bentley Acoustics and my experience with them..
« on: June 15, 2019, 02:09:35 PM »
Hi all. Newbie here. So I was in the market for an audio setup after my old system got lightning damaged (mind you this was only an old Sony 5.1 dvd system, nothing great at all).

So trusty insurance pays out and I am shopping. Looking at going for decent speakers for the first time in my life (even though at my budget these are second hand previously loved ones). I have never heard about Bentleys until I joined this forum. After a couple of messages I arrange a meeting with Vaughan Bentley. Upon showing up at his place, I am amazed at the amount and variaty of sound equipment available. Vaughan plays me some expensive brands out there and then his own branded sets. I can immediately see he knows his stuff.

I was interested in a second hand set of fs120's, a fc100 centre and fr80 rears he had advertised. After giving me the full tour and finally getting down to price, we realise he had sold the set 2 days before....

So now what? Do I go home empty handed? Hell no, not if Vaughan Bentley can help it.  He gives me a brand new boxed set in my prefered colour at the very same price!!!!!! What a deal right? Vaughan asks me if I have an amp to accompany the speakers he just offered me. I am out of budget I reply. Does it stop there?  Hell no, again Vaughan steps up, adjusts his prices once again and I get a well loved Marantz 7.1 thrown into the deal.

Vaughan Bentley you beauty. I must say I am impressed with your quality, your kindness and your business ethics. I got a great set of speakers and amp at price most of you would not believe. Thanks once again.

I have set up at home and with some telephonic assistance from Vaughan, yet again, got it tuned just right. Thanks for your help and your great sounding product. I would definately recommend Bentley Acoustics and an afternoon spent with Vaughan so that you can hear for yourself his slogan is not just an empty promise.....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline Pieterf12

Re: Bentley Acoustics and my experience with them..
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 05:52:44 PM »
What a service !!!!
It is very rare that we will come across a person that will go that far out of the way to assist, to make a client so happy.
very very lucky you.

Offline Dreamerm6

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 09:06:38 PM »
Hi all. Newbie here. So I was in the market for an audio setup after my old system got lightning damaged (mind you this was only an old Sony 5.1 dvd system, nothing great at all).

So trusty insurance pays out and I am shopping. Looking at going for decent speakers for the first time in my life (even though at my budget these are second hand previously loved ones). I have never heard about Bentleys until I joined this forum. After a couple of messages I arrange a meeting with Vaughan Bentley. Upon showing up at his place, I am amazed at the amount and variaty of sound equipment available. Vaughan plays me some expensive brands out there and then his own branded sets. I can immediately see he knows his stuff.

I was interested in a second hand set of fs120's, a fc100 centre and fr80 rears he had advertised. After giving me the full tour and finally getting down to price, we realise he had sold the set 2 days before....

So now what? Do I go home empty handed? Hell no, not if Vaughan Bentley can help it.  He gives me a brand new boxed set in my prefered colour at the very same price!!!!!! What a deal right? Vaughan asks me if I have an amp to accompany the speakers he just offered me. I am out of budget I reply. Does it stop there?  Hell no, again Vaughan steps up, adjusts his prices once again and I get a well loved Marantz 7.1 thrown into the deal.

Vaughan Bentley you beauty. I must say I am impressed with your quality, your kindness and your business ethics. I got a great set of speakers and amp at price most of you would not believe. Thanks once again.

I have set up at home and with some telephonic assistance from Vaughan, yet again, got it tuned just right. Thanks for your help and your great sounding product. I would definately recommend Bentley Acoustics and an afternoon spent with Vaughan so that you can hear for yourself his slogan is not just an empty promise.....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thank you Andre for the kind words!

A happy customer means more than R10000 profit!!

Offline Dreamerm6

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 09:07:06 PM »
What a service !!!!
It is very rare that we will come across a person that will go that far out of the way to assist, to make a client so happy.
very very lucky you.

Copied from my website www.ave1994.com  (and this is truly what I strive for)

About me :

HiFi / Music and Video technology has been my passion since 1994.  As owner, I personally  attend to every single client walking through my doors, whether you are buying a R3000 demo amp or a R80000 top of the range receiver!

For me it has never been about the profit or the sale, but rather the enjoyment, experience, service and best value for money deals, while making new friends and building customer relationships.

​Honesty, experience and professional guidance is what I offer free of charge!  When you are happy, I am happy!

Lets enjoy music together!

Offline optimus

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »
Based on all these positive reviews of Bentley , it seems I need to give them a shout .

Always great to be able to support local .

Offline Toxxyc

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 11:03:04 AM »
Yeah I have to be honest - without Vaughn, my DIY bookshelves also never would have happened.  He walked me through a very large part of the process personally, invited me to his place and showed me how he does things, etc. etc.  It's good to know there are still good people in this world.

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 11:08:43 AM »
Based on all these positive reviews of Bentley , it seems I need to give them a shout .

Always great to be able to support local .

Give anyone of us a shout. Vaughan is in Centorion and im in Roodepoort/Krugersdorp.

Offline Carnajo

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »
Give anyone of us a shout. Vaughan is in Centorion and im in Roodepoort/Krugersdorp.

Recently bought a demo pair from @BiZKiT , honestly, if I hadn't been told they were a demo pair, I would never have known. Pristine condition, great service and even though I was buying a demo pair at what I presume is +/- cost price (at best) I never felt like a "lesser" customer.

Offline Dreamerm6

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »
Recently bought a demo pair from @BiZKiT , honestly, if I hadn't been told they were a demo pair, I would never have known. Pristine condition, great service and even though I was buying a demo pair at what I presume is +/- cost price (at best) I never felt like a "lesser" customer.

BIZKIT has extremely good service and passion! Cant go wrong with him!

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »

Thank you for the kind words. Me and Vaughan both have day jobs so we dont do this for the money we do it for the passion. The little money that we make goes back into sound to progress our sound experience and service.

Offline Dreamerm6

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 05:26:13 PM »
Nothing worse than going to a hifi shop with untrained lazy salesmen , trying to sell you whatever is quick and easy. Ask them a question and the answer after a 30second silence and a blank stare into the abyss, is usually "let me Google it quick"
Now I'm not saying all hifi shops are like this, but the majority unfortunately is.
For the life of me, I literally can't think of a single advange you will have going to a hifi shop to buy gear. They are only interested in profit, nothing else. If they have a 20k system which is better than the 30k system they will push you hard for the 30k system because to them its all about the money.. Sad sad really really sad.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:28:49 PM by Dreamerm6 »

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 06:53:12 PM »
Nothing worse than going to a hifi shop with untrained lazy salesmen , trying to sell you whatever is quick and easy. Ask them a question and the answer after a 30second silence and a blank stare into the abyss, is usually "let me Google it quick"
Now I'm not saying all hifi shops are like this, but the majority unfortunately is.
For the life of me, I literally can't think of a single advange you will have going to a hifi shop to buy gear. They are only interested in profit, nothing else. If they have a 20k system which is better than the 30k system they will push you hard for the 30k system because to them its all about the money.. Sad sad really really sad.
Yup. Truth here. This is why I purchase within this community. Guys like yourself, the other Vaughan from Smartlifestyle, Ben and Morne make this a far better experience and keep the hobby alive. Many others here too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To see, to bleed, cannot be taught. In turn, you’re making us...

Offline stereoholic

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 02:25:21 PM »
You guys cater for us down in Capetonians as well, or only up country ?

Offline GECO

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »
One year ago today

Offline BiZKiT

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 09:21:27 PM »
You guys cater for us down in Capetonians as well, or only up country ?

Bruce does Bentley in Cape town