B&W matrix 801 series 1 loudspeakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endrik35

Reaction score
Hi guys. I need your advice. My uncle from London just e-mailed me. Here's a part of his letter

4 Nov. 2010
Hi Endrik,

Attached is a photo of subject speakers.  It is only today that I found the midrange and tweeter top attachments.  A similar used set is available at Ebay for Sterling 1,075 and another source in the States quoted $2,200 plus postage of $1,070.  Mine is in still in mint condition.  You can have them Gratis if you will pay for the shipping cost of around Sterling 150. If you are interested, email to me your home address and I will start packing them in 3 boxes including a dozen or so LP vinyl records. Hopefully, the set will fit the big carton boxes provided by the shipping company.  These speakers are bulky and very heavy.

Here's the actual pic:

BWSpeakersModel801.jpg

My dilemma is this. The last time I heard this speaker playing was in the late 80's in my uncle's house in Philamlife Las Pinas. I have forgotten how it sounds like. Considering it's age, is this speaker still worth keeping?  My music room is kinda small too. If anyone of you guys have an experience with the 801's, kindly share so that it could help me decide whether to get the speakers or not. Will appreciate any form of advice from you guys. Thanks and Godbless! :)

Here's a link given by my friend:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:HzkymTE-Tm8J:www.bwgroup-support.com/downloads/specsheets/bw/801%2520Brochure.pdf+b%26w+801+acoustic+suspension&hl=en&gl=ph&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgRRTiSrZKBKLBxpmtBGr6ggp5EZ-jrOfRR0bv_Ou4gmvNqBTgfORFWOMrMAVOrpGiyBvIhpKoHrdQ9i-j-kkEcWDD0dc7jDRs45k3nCfg1PqM4iYFhj1oVT4dX4pUwi7F1yh65&sig=AHIEtbQ0FDzQIE9FohNrPLs7Xy85KsqyiQ