Author Topic: Re: ProAc Loudspeakers  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Music lover and involved in industry
    • Airmusic
Re: ProAc Loudspeakers
« on: June 10, 2019, 11:11:12 AM »
Nice add from ProAc  ;)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:23:51 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 11:13:02 AM »
Another nice one as well  :)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:41:19 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 12:02:37 PM »
And the best one, (with a little bit of help from my friends-the friendly mod)  ;)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:41:36 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Katji

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 12:56:43 PM »
:) Now all we need is prices, and the money. :)  (I'd buy just based on what I read here recently, but it's probably all too much for me.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:42:24 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Stanp

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 06:21:42 AM »
Good ads and a great brand  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:43:03 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Alistair_Mc

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 12:32:44 PM »
Great advertising Stefan.
Let's hope you are able to find a worthwhile niche for the Proac speakers here in RSA - they seem to have a great reputation in the the audio reviewer world as well as some existing owners here.
 :clap:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:43:36 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 12:22:30 PM »
Thanks, to everyone who has shown support and enthusiasm!

@Alistair_Mc, @Stanp @Katji, @AudioMule @Trompie67 @qwerty @Nirvana and maybe others.

I think I have hit a nerve with the competition as well, as some complained to the mods that my post in the general section was not in line with the rules of the forum, and I even suspect a regional action suit was launched and pulled off. Subversive promotion is all ok, but tongue in cheek promotion is frowned upon.

Needless to say, the proof is in the pudding or the listening in this instance and the 40 years of excellent designs and iconic products cannot be silenced with a complaint or 2.  :cool:

I will keep you updated with information and news. I am waiting for in-depth information from the ProAc team about the voicing of some of the newer products. As always,  I believe that advice is more important than a sale. If you understand the need of a customer and then give advice it is more sustainable than mere product pushing and closing of a deal, often to the detriment of the customer. Therefore I would like to understand exactly what the various models can do, and how to best match them with the needs of customers. ProAc is a family owned and ran business and I am confident that their business values and ethics will allow me to position the ProAc brand well to make many enthusiasts happy as it was in the past. I counted over the last week and identified at least 6 enthusiasts within an arm reached that bought ProAc's from me in the 1990's that are still using them and are proud of owning them. That in itself says a lot in the cracy marry-go-round world that the hifi world is known for.

Cheers
Stefan
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:43:55 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline AudioMule

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 01:54:52 PM »
Thanks, to everyone who has shown support and enthusiasm!

@Alistair_Mc, @Stanp @Katji, @AudioMule @Trompie67 @qwerty @Nirvana and maybe others.

I think I have hit a nerve with the competition as well, as some complained to the mods that my post in the general section was not in line with the rules of the forum, and I even suspect a regional action suit was launched and pulled off. Subversive promotion is all ok, but tongue in cheek promotion is frowned upon.

Needless to say, the proof is in the pudding or the listening in this instance and the 40 years of excellent designs and iconic products cannot be silenced with a complaint or 2.  :cool:

I will keep you updated with information and news. I am waiting for in-depth information from the ProAc team about the voicing of some of the newer products. As always,  I believe that advice is more important than a sale. If you understand the need of a customer and then give advice it is more sustainable than mere product pushing and closing of a deal, often to the detriment of the customer. Therefore I would like to understand exactly what the various models can do, and how to best match them with the needs of customers. ProAc is a family owned and ran business and I am confident that their business values and ethics will allow me to position the ProAc brand well to make many enthusiasts happy as it was in the past. I counted over the last week and identified at least 6 enthusiasts within an arm reached that bought ProAc's from me in the 1990's that are still using them and are proud of owning them. That in itself says a lot in the cracy marry-go-round world that the hifi world is known for.

Cheers
Stefan

That leader of the pack for me please....
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:44:12 PM by Family_Dog »
There's nothing wrong with your system, you are just listening to wrong music on it.

Offline stereosane

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 07:24:57 AM »
 It's good see Proac getting back to business, I always felt they were to hidden and not well understood due to a lack of marketing and a local  distributor. So this is good news.

I was very lucky to buy a pair of Proac from one of your customers from the 90's, best thing I've ever done, my absolute favorite speaker of all time, they need careful amp matching but when done right you'll be blown away guaranteed  :dance:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:44:44 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Alistair_Mc

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 09:18:41 AM »
Just to say from my perspective ... I am glad you put the ad in the General section - it evidently got the right exposure!
 :thinking:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:45:02 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »
On Saturday we had a get together at a friend's house to listen to some of the interesting and amazing products that Airmusic have on offer. We called it an Italian hifi fan club but we had one British visitor that acted with more emotion and passion that even the most die-hard Italian lover could not resist. 

Barry, @bearenzo , was kind enough to bring his ProAc 1sc around to the event on my request in view of my newly formed partnership with ProAc, just to give some of the enthusiasts a chance to hear what the legend of ProAc is all about. Now over the years, I have expressed my unconditional support for Proac in general but especially sang praises for the gem, the Response 1Sc's. I was worried that I have raised expectations to high and that I will have to backtrack a bit, but boy oh boy was I wrong. Needless to say, everyone was impressed with the ProAc on demo. I think it made a huge impression during our short listening session. Natural, exquisite midrange, the big soundstage that belies the size of the speaker and oh so-musical were some of the praises. It even convinced someone to start to investigate classic music as it just stirred the emotions and connected us all to the intent of a beautiful Beethoven Violon Sonata(no 5).

I am glad that the magic of the ProAc is now in reach with music lovers in SA again after being merely something that people only speak of in closed circles. 9 enthusiasts came to our fun Italian day with music, equipment, wine and of course pizza and all were unanimous that the ProAc's make music and I am sure they all went away as friends of ProAc.

Here is a pic of the 1Sc's driven by the Audio Analogue Maestro and an Aqua La Voce as dac and wired up with Cardas cables courtesy of @Hi-Phibian.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:46:06 PM by Family_Dog »

Offline Stanp

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 05:52:35 AM »
Stefan, I second what you have said.

Our host warmly welcomed us into his home and made us feel at home. It was great to put names to faces and have met a great bunch of guys, who all made it a wonderful time spent together.

I am not one for stand mounts but I had to change my opinion and I got a number of big surprises. The little Proac was a gem, very musical with amazing mid range. Big respect for Proac.  :notworthy:

The other surprises were the Rosso Fiorentino Fiosole speakers partnered with the Pathos TT, amazing sound from that combination, so natural, a life like sound. And the bass extension of these speakers is excellent. Something one needs to experience for ones self.

And then there was the Airmusic Vivace; wow! absolutely wonderful sound from these speakers; very good sound across the whole frequency spectrum; Stefan has created a gem with these speakers. Well done Stefan.  :clap:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:56:24 AM by Stanp »

Offline BJ

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 11:03:50 AM »
Full Circle...

Great to see the product back into good hands.

Wish you all the best Stefan👍👊
Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil