Best DVD experiences...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubble_boy

AVForums Member
Reaction score
okay well, i know everyone can have a single review of a dvd. but this thread would mainly be to state which dvd have really impressed/left you breathless ito sound/image quality.

i thought of this , this past weekend as i was looking for some material to test out my system . i am a huge lotr fan, and was waiting anxiously for my system so i could enjoy the great experience! unfortunately i was not really impressed. : . only offering dolby digital, or maybe it was my xbox360 via optical that didn't do the film justice.

after buying the samsung 1080P7 , the first movie i watched was "Marie Antoinette". i was amazed by the colours and exposure in the film.

that is where i got the idea for this thread.

so come on post your favorite dvd's ito sound/video. dvd's that you wont mind spending money on to buy, so you can go back again and again to experience those beautiful sounds or visuals.

i will start with nominating:

"Marie Antoinette" great visuals, beautiful colours and beautifull lighting for most of the film. lots of detail in the sets as well.

i have yet to hear a truely impressive dvd ( have only heard dolby digital up until now). watch this space....

Latest posts