Author Topic: Introductions Thread  (Read 226448 times)

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: Introductions Thread
« Reply #1815 on: March 17, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »
Not to sure about that.One loony bin is as good as another.Furthermore treblecleff has not exactly been forthcoming in her Introduction Post.

So finally there's another female member!  Wilkommen
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Morgan Irwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
    • Mirror Edge Networks
New member introduction: Morgan Irwin
« Reply #1816 on: June 04, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, looking at my member information you will see that I registered all the way back in January 22, 2015... that is a long time to have not posted anything.
But I will get into it and give everyone a bit of background about myself and some projects I have worked on.
I am not trying to be sales'y, because I know that there is always a lot to be learnt from other people.. but I will try add my best input where possible.

My path to where I am now started about 14 years ago, while still in school I started assisting a company with commercial audio system installations.
Fast forward to the end of Matric and I started working for that company full time. 18 months later (more or less) (July 2007) and I started working at Bang & Olufsen in Cape Town.
In November 2010 I moved away from Bang & Olufsen, back into the commercial AV space again. There were two notable projects that I was involved in during this time, the building of Openroom productions music studio in Johannesburg, then; Bigleap Production and Post in Cape Town.

During the time spent building music studios I was receiving regular calls for Bang & Olufsen service in Cape Town, so it felt logical to progress into starting my own company.
In March 2012 Mirror Edge Networks was started.

While I have a broad customer base with Bang & Olufsen products and have worked with many other brands, my focus in the last few months has been on Stereo Hifi and Home Cinemas.
Some of the brands that I have been working with include: Artcoustic, Bang & Olufsen, Linn, Wisdom Audio and Trinnov.

As it stands I am always interested to learn more about hifi, and especially interested in home cinemas and media rooms.
If you would like to make contact, please do. I am always interested in meeting up to chat.

Offline Music_Lover

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: New member introduction: Morgan Irwin
« Reply #1817 on: June 04, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
Welcome Morgan. There is an Introductions sticky in the Open Talk section where this should have been posted.

Good to have you onboard.
Midrand

Offline Morgan Irwin

• AVForums Member
    • Mirror Edge Networks
Re: New member introduction: Morgan Irwin
« Reply #1818 on: June 04, 2017, 03:39:28 PM »
I didn't know 🙈
Should I rather post this introduction over there?
😄

Offline Gerlach

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #1819 on: June 04, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
I didn't know 🙈
Should I rather post this introduction over there?
😄
Don't stress Morgan , i did the same in the beginning!! hahahaha!! Welcome!!!  :groovy:
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #1820 on: June 05, 2017, 07:35:55 AM »
Hello and welcome Morgan  :2thumbs:
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Rotelman

• AVForums Member
« Reply #1821 on: June 11, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »
Hi All.

New here and will no doubt be posting some questions that clearly exhibits lack of knowledge and experience when compared to the gurus in here.

Apologies in advance, but when learning is the ultimate goal,  some silliness now and again is inevitable.

Live in PE, been a keen hifi head since lighty days when my pops had his Sansui rg7 series preamp, amp, tuner, phono, graphic equaliser,  tape deck, all channelled through huge sansui 3way speakers.

My goto rig is still a Rotel and Boston Acoustics combo. Never got over that combo's synergy and still love it.

I still prefer stereo setups, not really keen on theatre type approaches,  but have heard some awesome setups.

I stash away old rotel amps like a chipmunk does nuts. Some 7/8 in stock, 2 of them servicing my main and secondary setups. Rb71and Rc971 combo (looking for a 2nd Rb971 to fun a channel each) with some Boston Acoustics cs26 and cs260IIs.

Secondary setup runs a RA930 ax  driving some Kef coda 8s and some weird california audi technology floorstanders.  Sounds amazing.
A 50 wpc onkyo cd receiver pushes the outdoor yamahas and yamaha sub in the braai area.

The vintage mid 70s and early 80s stuff I have all works great, but still working on an excuse to keep them.

The yamaha mini setup for the bedroom worked out just fine with the missus changing from not minding it to absolutely loving it in less than a week.

Then there's the garage based tinkering and refurbishing.  Sorted out the Marantz cd 100%.  The Denon receiver is giving me trouble, but I'll ask for help on that another day...

Thanks for having me here on this great forum.

:pleasant:

Offline entropyagent

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!
« Reply #1822 on: June 11, 2017, 12:40:35 PM »
Hi Rotelman, 4 systems, huh? Showoff!

Just kidding  - Welcome. May your magic smoke never escape.

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #1823 on: June 12, 2017, 03:13:39 AM »
Welcome Rotelman  :2thumbs:

Some of my fondest Hi-Fi memories are upgrading from mainstream/furniture shop type systems to Rotel gear.

What does your goto rig consist of?

The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.