Automation options

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undrcvrgeek

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking at building a house soon and wanted to have the basics of automation set up (at least in lounge / media room area).

I am not really looking at the diy / multiple supplier options (even though it will probably be cheaper), so have looked at Control4 as an option. Anybody with experience with Control4? I will not use this for audio though (have Sonos units that I am happy to continue using).

My initial thoughts - plan for wired network and wi-fi access points as part of the build. Automate things like lighting, curtains / blinds and existing av setup in the lounge with the hope of expanding the automation options into other areas as more cash becomes available. Audio will be handled via Sonos (Control4 allows for Sonos control as well). No video distribution initially but would be required for future. I have had a demo of a control4 installation and it looks as if it can do what I need.

Any insight on potential issues to be aware of, apporx costs, alternative options, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts