A Real Hum-Dinger

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JStephens

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Save me from the Hum...

I have a Rotel RA-930AX and it has a hum. I have no schematic for it. (If anyone has one this would be highly appreciated) And I need help to try and resolve my hum. I wish to gain some electronics knowledge in the process.

My diagnosis: The hum begins in the left speaker channel from start-up. Even with no imput device plugged in the hum is present. It is in the treble frequency. It is not my speakers as if you swop the speakers the hum just moves to the other speaker. I've also tried with another pair of speakers I own and still the same.

I suspect that it is a capacitor. Could it not be earthing correctly? This has been the problem for the last three repairs I paid for. I'm not going there again. After two months the hum is back. (However last time it was in the right channel)

What could it be? Should I post a picture? I've had a look in there and there is nothing which looks like it has just exploded.

Thanks,

J.S.  ;)