Author Topic: Lotoo Paw Gold  (Read 3578 times)

Offline FJP

Lotoo Paw Gold
« on: May 24, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »
Anyone familiar with this DAP? I'm after something high-end without touchscreen. And love the styling of this thing. :O0:

https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/lotoo/1.html

Offline Scubadude

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Depressed? Cans on, volume up, ignore the world!
Re: Lotoo Paw Gold
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 06:48:56 PM »
High-end non touch screen DAP shouts Hifiman R2R2000. Very limited number produced but phenomenal if you can find one. Reach out to Yisroel at CPlan Audio ... They may just have one.
"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Offline ron g

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 08:38:21 PM »
unfortunately r2r2000 is touch screen. only dial is for volume.
would be easier to use if it did have button controls, but the sound more than makes up for the minor inconvenience.

as far as i know there isn't on at cplan at the moment, but can make a plan to listen to my one (not for sale) if op is serious.
& you sit there in the rubble, till it starts to feel like home
mary gauthier

Offline naughty

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 11:52:42 PM »
doesnt the hifiman 801 S and 901S DAPs have a small screen and buttons for controls too? - just wont be gold like the ones on the Lotoo

Offline canman1971

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 09:22:55 AM »
unfortunately r2r2000 is touch screen. only dial is for volume.
would be easier to use if it did have button controls, but the sound more than makes up for the minor inconvenience.

as far as i know there isn't on at cplan at the moment, but can make a plan to listen to my one (not for sale) if op is serious.

Very generous. Mine not for sale or for demo.

Offline canman1971

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »
Anyone familiar with this DAP? I'm after something high-end without touchscreen. And love the styling of this thing. :O0:

https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/lotoo/1.html

I know this DAP. There are some real hi-end keeper DAPs which are fully serviceable. These DAPs not mainstream or marketing hype. Some of the keepers are HiFiMan R2R2000 - if you can get. HiFiMan HM802s - if you can get. Lotoo Paw Gold, Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. None will wash the dishes with third party apps but sound quality is superb!!!

Offline canman1971

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 03:48:17 AM »
I know this DAP. There are some real hi-end keeper DAPs which are fully serviceable. These DAPs not mainstream or marketing hype. Some of the keepers are HiFiMan R2R2000 - if you can get. HiFiMan HM802s - if you can get. Lotoo Paw Gold, Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. None will wash the dishes with third party apps but sound quality is superb!!!

Forgot to mention this one: Cowon Plenue d2 - No doubt the firmware will be upgraded to accept larger microSD, check reviews on you tube  :giggle:

Offline FJP

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 10:25:08 AM »
Thanks for all the input, guys; apologies for the VERY late reply!

In the end I found an old Hifiman HM802 for a very good price. It's a little battered, and the navigation wheel and interface are crude, but the sound is great! :2thumbs:

For anyone else looking into DAPs, here's a link to a very helpful resource detailing what's available across all price points: https://www.headfonia.com/best-portable-player-dap/

Offline Momo

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 03:21:49 PM »
I Just love reading the reviews on headfonia  :pleasant:

Offline canman1971

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 05:45:49 AM »
Lotoo PAW Gold Touch inbound  :rubhands:

Offline canman1971

Re: Lotoo PAW Gold / Touch
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 08:09:12 AM »

Offline ron g

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 08:17:13 AM »
Lotoo PAW Gold Touch inbound  :rubhands:

congratulations!!!   
quite a collection you are building up.

is there much (any?) sound difference between the standard paw gold & the touch?
i see cplan (see what i did there.. :roll:) have the standard one at a pretty good price at the moment.

& you sit there in the rubble, till it starts to feel like home
mary gauthier

Offline canman1971

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 08:50:52 AM »

congratulations!!!   
quite a collection you are building up.

is there much (any?) sound difference between the standard paw gold & the touch?
i see cplan (see what i did there.. :roll:) have the standard one at a pretty good price at the moment.

The Lotoo PAW Gold has long been the reference DAP to match or exceed since first release (2014) by "Other" High End DAP Manufacturers, it was updated in 2017 - component level, screen and still remains a go-to reference DAP. Lotoo PAW gold touch exceeds by quite a margin.

Offline canman1971

Re: Lotoo PAW Gold / Touch
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 11:45:43 PM »
Good impression:

https://theheadphonelist.com/lotoo-paw-gold-touch-the-hand-of-midas/

Reviewer did not use 4.4mm output on Empire Ears Wraith, 4.4mm output on LPGT totally black on these IEMs.