Author Topic: Interesting remastering service from South African audio dealer  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
Re: Interesting remastering service from South African audio dealer
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2019, 06:30:32 PM »
I've never tried Tidal, have played with Spotify but that was a while ago. I should perhaps give these services a go again and see what is all available.

I do enjoy radio with good music and a bit of interesting chit-chat between, which is one reason I have never seriously bothered with music streaming serviices, which seem lifeless without a friendly presenter presenting interesting info between the tunes.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline scrarfussi

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2019, 11:08:56 PM »
I have used Audacity, but not much, and I was unaware of this facility. It'll probably take me a lot of time to get the hang of it, and then more time to get each album right. And I am sure there are many like me. I personally think this is a great service. Yes, you can do it yourself, but it is not easy, and will take time. As Blizzard said, I, amd I am sure many others, would rather pay someone who has the hang of it tondo it for me. If I am not satisfied, I don't pay. None of my time or energy wasted.

The main Issue here is determined in the beginning was the word REMASTER
suum cuique pulchrum est

"Then Said my heart here will i take my rest."

Offline keithp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • Keith Gregson on fb.
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2019, 06:36:13 PM »
+Shame poor bloke should of titled the subject 'Re-Digitising'
Keith Gregson on fb.

Offline Katji

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2019, 07:24:43 PM »
I've never tried Tidal, have played with Spotify but that was a while ago. I should perhaps give these services a go again and see what is all available.

I do enjoy radio with good music and a bit of interesting chit-chat between, which is one reason I have never seriously bothered with music streaming serviices, which seem lifeless without a friendly presenter presenting interesting info between the tunes.
You could try internet radio, look for one that does specific genre/s you like...especially if they make the shows available as podcast downloads.  Or via soundcloud, which is what I do.  Find DJs or record labels that do subgenres you like, follow them. Most have very little chit-chat though, just a bit about the track being a new release on [xyz] label and so on.  Some of them are actual FM radio stations, especially in London - Rinse FM and NTS Radio...and there is Redlight Radio in Amsterdam - very eclectic DJ selectors, lots of psychedelic/folk throwback stuff and reggae/dub.

Some google work to find something that suits you.

I never listen to it live, I just follow Rinse FM on soundcloud, so I usually notice the latest sets of specific DJs/shows, try them and then maybe download.  Then the chit-chat can be a problem...One DJ on Rinse, sets I liked, she chatters on and on so much, bad enough the first time, but it makes repeat plays unbearable, weeks later hearing the same prattle about the weather in London and how it makes you feel, so it got deleted.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:33:45 PM by Katji »

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2019, 07:52:17 PM »
Been listening to quite  few internet radio stations, some good, some ok-ish, some a tad boring. But with many thouands of them from which to choose, this could be a happy Winter! 

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Trompie67

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2019, 04:05:10 AM »
The gent at Audiotweak will present some of his efforts at the forthcoming Hi-Fi Club meeting on Monday 17th June, which is a public holiday

There is also a braai and attendees will be fed

If you'd like to attend, the meeting is in Capri Village, close to Fish Hoek, please send an email to capetownhificlub@gmail.com

@chrisc - any feedback from the demo at CT Hi-Fi Club this past Monday?
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - we're getting better sound
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
Well, after all the hype and promotion about this exercise, we did not get round to listening to any of it.  I mentioned it on leaving, to find there was no time, etc.   Another day perhaps

The system there is very revealing and would I imagine clearly display some differences.  If it can resolve substituting brass feet with teflon cones, then I expect something profound
Music is the shorthand of emotion