Author Topic: Cricket world cup  (Read 1557 times)

Offline LouisF

Re: Cricket world cup
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2019, 10:25:57 AM »
When they announced the team I already said - along with a lot of knowledgeable people - that they must be crazy to include Amla. His dismal performance up to now - and I don't expect that to improve - is bearing all his critics out. His best days are past.
"No matter how educated, talented, rich or cool you believe you are,
how you treat people ultimately tells all."
David Avocado Wolfe

I have learned more from people who have differed from me than from those who have agreed with me.

Offline jvr

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 08:32:31 PM »
No live video feed here, but I am keeping in touch with developments via Internet live scoring/comments. I get the impression that it was close..up to a point..and that the Proteas have lost their fire somewhere along the way at a crucial stage of a CWC game..yet again..
Lend me your ears

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2019, 09:05:13 PM »
That was like watching ODI cricket circa 1982, a bit of a jolt and hope at the end, but no.  Never happening.  Depressing
The Philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways.  The point, however, is to change it.

Offline SeanS

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
That was like watching ODI cricket circa 1982, a bit of a jolt and hope at the end, but no.  Never happening.  Depressing

I didn't watch... 241 is an average 1982 score... the result was certain...

Offline ALF

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2019, 04:23:34 PM »
I thought Wold Cup is for the best of the best player bloody hell what a useless team play yesterday, I think the only good playing was from Morris at the end to try and limit the run rate with his bowling...
"the fostex thang".....

Offline BJ

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2019, 08:00:18 PM »
Incredible Gutsy Performance by Bangladesh...333 against Aus.

Well done Neil McKenzie  with the Batting Performance of the team. SA surely miss you as Coach in that department.
Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil

Offline BJ

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2019, 10:06:21 PM »

Back in Hansie's day we at least got paid to lose.

Now we do it pro bono :facepalm:

Offline Trompie67

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2019, 07:43:14 AM »
Wasn't entirely sure whether to post this here, or in Joke of the Day.

Then I realised the current state of ZA cricket is a joke anyhow, so I'll post here!

*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline jvr

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2019, 07:45:38 PM »
^   ;D very funny.

The conclusion of Eng vs India was SAD though. What a let down. Eng was brilliant, but what was India thinking..?! They never seemed interested to chase.. India supporters, cricket supporters deserved much better than this going through the motions affair. What a waste of time (and data)..just think about India supporters who travelled to Eng and pay to watch this??
Lend me your ears

Offline BJ

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2019, 02:30:53 PM »
Wonder if Amla is really injured and whether he got the boot???

Offline naughty

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2019, 06:16:28 PM »
Wonder if Amla is really injured and whether he got the boot???

really wondered that myself - probably would have been his last one day international game though because he and a few others will probably retire after this world cup - i expect to only see him in the IPL now (still lots of money on offer there for retired top flight players)