Author Topic: What are these speakers...  (Read 861 times)

Offline Erwin

What are these speakers...
« on: May 21, 2019, 01:19:32 PM »
Hi all, I got these speakers and have no idea what they are, can any one help? They are 6inch woofer size.

Offline Erwin

Re: What are these speakers...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 01:23:53 PM »

Offline marantz123

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • I learnt more from The Internet when it was slower
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 06:25:36 PM »
Looks like Coral drivers? I had a pair of Isophons that had a little label like that in the box, so thats throwing me off a bit...could they be Isophons? Nice Alnico speakers anyway, sure they will sound lovely.

Offline Erwin

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 07:55:09 PM »
Also think its Coral, some did suggest Seas, but I dont think so. Will have to dig deeper.

Offline TM

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 01:38:37 PM »
How do they sound?
"Sounds good to me"

Offline marantz123

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 12:37:06 PM »
Greetings

After some scrolling through my pics of stuff I have had, I have come across a pic of that little label inside the cabinet and can almost confirm without a doubt that these speakers were made by Supersonic in Rhodesia, and the finish on them should be a beautiful Rhodesian Teak veneer, and possibly plywood boxes. Supersonic used Isophon drivers in most of their offerings, and these are very possibly Isophon drivers, but havnt been able to confirm those driver model no. info. Nonetheless, they should have a rather rich and fat sound to them. That little label has the model number of the speaker printed on it( not clear in pic)  which may reveal more info.

Offline marantz123

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 01:15:14 PM »
Edit...in addition, somewhere on those drivers or the crossover, you may find a stamp "made in West Germany"...which is a step closer to these being Isophon drivers.