Author Topic: Munich High End 2019 - Show Pictures  (Read 665 times)

Offline preamplified

Munich High End 2019 - Show Pictures
« on: May 16, 2019, 11:30:18 AM »
The Munich High End 2019 is easily one of the highlights in the audiophile calendar. This year proved to be one of the best so far; for the equipment, but also as an opportunity to catch up with old friends (and make some new ones). Check out some of the pictures we took in the gallery below.

Offline adie

Re: Munich High End 2019 - Show Pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 02:59:19 PM »
I see Achim now works for Piega  ;)
Really good pics of some really good stuff- and the people look ok too.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 04:00:01 PM »
Wonderful, thank you Jonathan

I'd like to have a thumbsuck price for what it costs to go this show, stay in a hotel or AirBnB, etc.   Is entry to the show free?
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 10:15:17 PM »
.....no no....I did Piega many years ago in Germany. Every visitor or exhibitor had to wear this....

Chris... to visit the show costs far less than to exhibit on the show ;). I remember our stands in the past sometimes cost us up to 1 Mio Rand plus Hotel for all staff, plus entertainment at night etc etc - my TAD Audiovertrieb company often had to pay 1,6 Mio Rand (for 4 days!)

Now I am a visitor only and a 4 day ticket costs R 600... Hotels are between R 1500 or R 3.000 (I usually stay at the Innside a very nice Hotel with a fantastic breakfast buffet.

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 10:25:41 PM »
The photos Jonathan uploaded here for me (thank you Jonathan) showing Stefan Dreischärf (CEO of the High End Society) and me. Stefan and I been bloody beginners in the late 80ies. I just started as the first german Dali Importer and he was Mr. Accuphase in the West of Germany (working for PIA). Today he is Mr. High End ..and without Stefan and his Team the High End would not be possible.

Every year he promises me to come for a visit and some bike runs to Cape Town....lets see.. ;)

Photo Number 2 shows Holger Fromme (Founder of Avantgarde Acoustic) and me having a little break outside the Avantgarde booth. In the early 90ies we ve been booth neighbors during an IFA in Berlin and it was his and my first IFA Show.

Kondo doubtless was again a great presentation and demo - this year with speakers I never ve seen before - but the sound was fantastic.

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 10:43:08 PM »
...the other pics giving impressions of the Gryphon booth and this incredible & new Ethos DAC/CD Player....

You can see Helmut Brinkmann next to his new products... a new direct drive TT and a bigger Integrated Amp with build in Nyquist DAC (this Integrated could become an icon...)

Thorens showed a Reel to Reel Maschine... I was impressed by the build quality and sound of the Westend Valve Amplifiers.

On another photo you can see Michael Lang and me. Michael Lang for many years now is the Editor and Face of STEREO Magazine - a fantastic guy with great humor, 2 golden ears and a very big heart. Our friendship goes back to the late 80ies and far beyond audio only.

Axel Gersdorff (ODEON) was my choice for the best sound of the show. His room was so inviting, the products and atmosphere amazing and the sound mind-blowing.

Well and last but not least 2 personal photos of my old team (TAD Audiovertrieb), my old friend and Ex Partner Hannes Knorn together with the rega guys (Rob, Simon, Phil, Sue and Roy) and Maurizio from Goldnote from Italy....  The other table shows the other faces of Goldnote and Paula Knorn who overtook my shares and part of the TAD company.    It was an amazing evening also with my old stuff from the warehouse, admin and reps....

Offline Darrell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • Cruising in the Stratosphere ......
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 08:20:04 AM »
Now for photos of the Trio Anniversary XD system ,,,,,, :drool:

Offline Darrell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • Cruising in the Stratosphere ......