Outdoor Braai Bluetooth Boombox

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guetzer

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here is another bluetooth boombox build - for your entertainment.

My goal for this boombox is to have decent power, decent sound quality, feature passive radiators and be sort of durable for outdoor purposes. I also aim to complete the build pretty quick. I already have an amp and power supply which I'm planning on using, the amp is a TDA7492P based amp and the power supply a Dell laptop charger. The charger gives a good output of 19.5V and 9.23A, I'll add a booster eventually to boost the voltage to 24V.

Here's the amp (it also has a handy aluminium case - not shown):
VxCoRUc.jpg

For the speakers I bought some DD Audio 6.5" component speakers (http://ddaudio.com/products/global/redline-speakers/rl-cs6-5/), I have a similar pair in my car and for the price they sound really good!
hsSYgmX.jpg

They measure at around 6 ohm at the crossover:
wZGZgwU.jpg

I bought some cheap 8" car subwoofers which I'll be cutting the magnets off to basically turn them into passive radiators - I know it sounds a bit unnecessary, but it's still a cost effective and fast way of getting the parts for the build.

Stay tuned for some more pictures of the progress in the following days. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Latest posts