Nad C270 power amp troubles

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetalMilitia

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have been enjoying my C162 pre amp and C270 power amp combo for a few months now. It was originally couriered to me from Cape Town

Hooked it up and it played happily despite 2 occasions where it went into protect mode. In both cases I just turned off the C270 and powered it back up and all was well again.
This past weekend I moved into a new place. Bubble wrapped the C270 very carefully and transported it in my car, front seat with safety belt nogal  :p

Connected it back up in the new place, it played for a few seconds and then went into protect mode  :-\
Powered it off and back on again but it kept going into protect mode ie. red/orange light. Relay doesn't click, just stays in protect

Decided to take the cover off and see if anything perhaps got disconnect inside during the move but nothing, blew all the dust out with a vacuum cleaner while the cover was off. Hooked the amp up again and it worked! Played a couple of songs and it went into protect yet again. Powered it off and back on again, plays for a few seconds and then goes off again

Is this perhaps a common problem with the Nads? Anyone I could send it to for a general service and lookover

I really like this pre-amp, power amp combo and am willing to spend to get it working again

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. In my new place but  can't enjoy some good tunes, a real bummer  :-[ :-[ :'(

Latest posts